Montbrae estate, SE suburbs

Any feedback on socio-economic aspect of Montbrae Estate near Narre Warren North. A lot of big land blocks seem to be on sale and prices are average (given its location next to freeway and Fountain Gate). Is there any catch which I cannot make out :D

Any feedback on socio-economic aspect of Montbrae Estate near Narre Warren North. A lot of big land blocks seem to be on sale and prices are average (given its location next to freeway and Fountain Gate). Is there any catch which I cannot make out :D

Ummm, it's next to freeway and Fountain Gate? Sorry, don't know that particular estate.

That area is a real mixed bag, IMO. You have 'old' Berwick and (what I call) 'middle' Berwick, Harkaway and Endeavour Hills pretty close, but then Narre North and Narre Warren which both have 'good' and 'bad' areas. Can't you just get out there and have a sniff around?

Montbrae

Hey guys, Montbrae estate (Montbrae circuit etc) IMO (lived around the area for 5 years) is a nice area with many blocks that have very nice views etc. However, if you are considering buying land to build, make sure to have very thorough soil testing done as the build costs will likely blow out with massive deposits of stone throughout the estate and adjoining estates.
I owned a block for PPOR years back in an estate about 50 mtrs away (Silverleaves) and among other reasons, I sold due in part to this.

On the up-side, the standard of quality housing is reasonably high - however I feel that many blocks there will remain stagnant for years to come as many will look for cheaper construction in other areas.

I'd look to 'old Berwick' (central location north of the High st from Lyall through to Manuka Rds and Brisbane street being highly regarded)
Hope this helps.

Simple : "Site Costs" are exorbitant...

Big 500KV 1000A powerline next door.

The Y-man

From memory, they're to the east of the estate and are almost invisible for the record - over the back of the hill from the estate.
Probably 50 metres away (behind) from the highest blocks with the best vantage points...

Back