mirrabooka, balga, nollamarra

It is advertised FROM so that could be the catch ;)

This sold yesterday, and I expect someone got an absolute bargain. I am not looking at this area but for this price I would have jumped in.

Had a chat to the agent and he really knew little about the area, mentioned needed at reno, most do in this area.

Good luck to whoever picked this one up, will know soon the exact price, I expect still well under market value.

Cheers
MTR

Had a chat to the agent and he really knew little about the area, mentioned needed at reno, most do in this area.

Good luck to whoever picked this one up, will know soon the exact price, I expect still well under market value.
You gotta love an out of area agent! :D

Is there any news on the Girrawheen rezoning?

Been almost exactly 12 months since they updated the status on the City of Wanneroo website...

Yeh my realistic guesstimate was 2017.

Gotta finish the renovations first before I worry about the subdivision anyway I guess.

Just spoke with my agent who is selling my ip about what is happening in Girrawheen. She is saying Girrawheen is in the high $400's now. She sold a 3 x 1, asking price above $450 K + for $480 k.

It depends, you can still purchase $425K, brick veneer, you don't need a double brick home, you are buying for the land.

I had a quick look and this market is still rising, who would have thought. I guess most are thinking where do you buy this close to the city with potential to develop.

Perhaps Koondoola will provide a cheaper entry level ... worth investigating I think?

Attachments

• proposed R code changes.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 144
Balla has been on the cards for about as long as Girrawheen etc. South Ballajura is set to come out best as the proposed densities around there get up to R50 and R60, whereas the rest of Ballajura is only R25-R30 (still allows or subdivision as most blocks are 700m2+).

I think the prices, much like Girrawheen, already reflect the new zoning though as they have jumped quite a bit in the last 2 years as I have friends who live there. Are the 10,000m2 lots the ones near the power lines? near Marshall Road? As i don't think these are being rezoned, at least not to R30+, more like R2-R5 to account for the power line buffers.

Link to the strategy maps below that shows the proposed rezoning. It's been adopted by Council and just waiting for the WAPC to give it the final nod and gazette it.

http://www.swan.wa.gov.au/Our_City/...y_Plans_and_Strategies/Urban_Housing_Strategy

Perhaps Koondoola will provide a cheaper entry level ... worth investigating I think?

Koondoola is dirt cheap, and large chunks are going to be R60. I did have a look there.

My only thought was a triplex site, by the time you factor in build costs, is going to demand a lower price than Girrawheen (given location etc).

Factor it all in and the sums didn't add up for me.

As you mentioned though, still some decent buys in Girrawheen when you consider the land, development potential and proximity to amenities and the CBD.

But how do you work out the sums? Guestimate sure, however we really have no idea when zoning will be ratified it could be years away and who knows what prices will be, I would expect much higher, their not making anymore land.

Koondoola, not as close to Wanneroo, however what you may find is Girrawheen will actually push prices up in Koondoola, its just next door. Sometimes better to go the other way, get into the cheaper product.

Very true MTR, I am only guessing at this stage, and I was swayed as the property is my ppor.

This got updated for June. Looks like they have realised that for all the rezoning of Girrahween/Koondoola/Marangaroo they need to upgrade services (duh).

Top paragraph is the latest update, so still a few years away me thinks, given they need to find funding in the first place to do the upgrades!

http://www.wanneroo.wa.gov.au/Planning/Local_Housing_Policy_FAQs

market update for Girrawheen...a few 500+ sales yes :eek:

28 ARNOS WAY GIRRAWHEEN 1979 744 m? $531,000 26/05/2014 4
28 BLACKMORE AVE GIRRAWHEEN 1975 689 m? $510,000 21/02/2014 3
1 GAMESON WAY GIRRAWHEEN 2008 707 m? (239 m?) $540,000 28/03/2014
47 HUDSON AVE GIRRAWHEEN 1981 718 m? $555,000 15/06/2014

Back