Metricon Fined

Wasnt there a person on SS who had this exact same issue with their builder? was it metricon? or have I smoked too many black jelly beans last week?

I'm not sure but it's very possible !

I will play the devils Advocate here - The owner should have checked the structural drawings and made sure the builder constructed the foundations / footings as such, so it's their own fault, Metricon should appeal.

I will play the devils Advocate here - The owner should have checked the structural drawings and made sure the builder constructed the foundations / footings as such, so it's their own fault, Metricon should appeal.

i look at these diagrams every now and again, and its like reading a phone book in a foreign language!!!! you cant expect an average consumer to verify this,

its like asking a consumer to check if their brand new car is supercharged or not, or is a V6 vs V8

I agree but people say you should know what your accountant is doing or even worse, you financial adviser bankrupted you but it's your fault you should have known what was going on.

Point is most people dont have the skills to know, that is why you pay a "professional" to do it for you.

I agree but people say you should know what your accountant is doing or even worse, you financial adviser bankrupted you but it's your fault you should have known what was going on.

disagree, the point of hiring a professional is so that you dont have to learn the a to z about it, if you knew the ins and outs about it, you'd do it yourself.

if the financial advisor was dodgy or a conflict of interest, thats bad news,

your job/risk shouldnt be having to double check every single statement, comment or fact that the accountant for example tells you!!! if you get your car serviced by a honest mechanic and get told your spark plugs need to be replaced, nobody questions spark plugs, nor do they take the car apart to check its been done once you get it back!

Firstly, how would any lay person know if the slab is correct or not, that is why it used to be inspected by the council.

Secondly, if I live on the other side of town, how the h*ll am I supposed to when they are going to pour it ? Even if I inspected the night before that doesn't mean they actually left the reo there when they poured does it.

They are licensed professionals, they have a responsibility under their licensing conditions to build to a certain level, they didn't !!

Good on the owners, I hope it starts a landslide of fines on the price cutting sharks who make life difficult for honest builders :)

Surely, you cannot be serious? :confused:

Back