Melbourne Property-Good Trusted Accountant

Does anyone know of a good Accountant that is involved in property investing in the outer West of Melb around Keilor to Essendon way.

I've seen that http://www.gatherumgoss.com/ know there stuff but they are in Kilsyth.

I've been to some top accounting firms and they are very expensive at $600-$800 Hr and I'm afraid they will be counting the minutes so I want to try and keep away from the top accounting firms if I can and try someone who has interest in property investment and how I can invest the funds of the sale to gain income and capital growth.

Any good recommendations of Accountants that deal in large sum's $millions and large lots of land 50 acres plus will be helpful.

Last edited:
Hi, I use Gatherum-Goss and am very happy with them. They really know property, and I'm pleased to attest that nothing is too much trouble. Knowing little about property investment and trusts, they have provided me with much education, and answered all my "newbie" questions. Tis all good.:)

sailor: Just got a response from Dale "Gatherum-Goss" he recommends that I see a expert that handles these large sums.

Already seen a large accounting firm and in the city and was told I can find someone else cheaper and more closer to home so Im still looking.

Already seen a large accounting firm and in the city and was told I can find someone else cheaper and more closer to home so Im still looking.

I would have recommeded Dale also, but if he sugegstes someone else please send me a PM or an email and I will give you the name of a mid size 4 partner South Yarra based accounting firm that will suit our needs

You said you have property worth 9 million +, so I would find the best person, and worry less about costs/convenience if possible.

GSJ

I've found 3 good firms in Melb. I've got in contact with a Taxation Lawyer (Thank you Dale) so I can see what I can & cant do to save on CGT and he will write out a full written detailed report on how he came to that figure on CGT just in case the Tax office was to ask any questions I could produce the letter from the Taxation Lawyer.

The Taxation Lawyer who I recommend everyone to see if they are paying a large amount of CGT as this will avoid problems with the ATO down the track if the ATO were to ask questions.

Back