Land Valuation Objection upheld - SA

YeeHa! I objected to 2 Land Valuations this year and both were upheld! Not that I want the value of the Investments to be reduced, but the values placed on them were just plain revenue raising (for Land Tax, Water rates, ESL rates and Council rates) and way over the top.

One of them involved a Body Corporate; they totally discouraged me from doing anything about it blah blah, but as if I could care what they think, they dont pay the bills! The Land Valuers Office later rang me and said their whole valuation process was wrong for this property, but I was the only one who had objected in time, so everyone else will be paying at the higher rate (it was only purchased November 2007 but Land Valuers had doubled the value! :eek:)

This is the third time I have objected to a valuation, and also third time it was reduced! So glad K Foley (SA Treasurer) is not going to get one cent more than he should - and I have already received some credit notices in the post for water and Council charges!

good for you Pushka!:)

I wonder how long this has been going on for and whether many people actually consider disputing valuations.....:confused:

My house is valued at $30,000 but the cents in the dollar rates charges are so high that the council rates here are basically the same as my $106k house. I wouldn't mind but the council doesn't DO anything for those rates, they don't even mow the 2 foot high dead grass outside my house (on the verge between the footpath and the road) yet fine me for the 6 inch high grass in my yard. I have 150m of street frontage (yet no council supplied driveway) and that verge is anything up to 10 foot wide depending on how far the grass grows over the footpath so there's no way I'm doing it myself ...

They are the anti-mowing council. You can only tell when you enter their council area by the height of the grass (its about 3-4 foot high on the highways), its so high it almost obscures the welcome signs and certainly hides the kangaroos, their heads barely stick over the top. You can also tell by the sudden appearance of dozens of potholes in the roads that almost join up with each other like some kind of road eating fungus. Adjacent councils actually FILL their potholes.

/rant

Back