Is it a good time to buy Rams

can anyone give me their opinion on whether Rams is a good buy under $1.00. The way I see it, it could be either seen as undervalued( takeover from a bank), or it is only worth what it is at the moment.

Anyone bought Rams on Thursday/Friday?

Put it this way, how would a bank value RAMS if it was going to take it over? I think at this rate there is a good chance a bank would buy RAMS for its loan book. But how would you value it? How many times book?
Alex

Why would you? It may well be a profitable trade but it is definately a punt. No less than black/red on the wheel.

To illustrate the point: In Oct '87 I thought I might buy something cheap after the crash so I bought Ariadne. Now most will never have heard of it but it does still exist today. It wasn't Chris Skase's company but similar and had been flying while the bubble built up. Clearly it never recovered while thousands of other solid companies did.

I have made this point before but it is worth repeating: It is a great folly to wait for the "bargains" before buying because, if you haven't been active over a time, you won't be able to differentiate between a bargain and the inflated junk that caused the crash in the first place.

My reading over the weekend confirms that people I respect such as James Puplava have not called a bottom. For the little it is worth, I agree.

If you have some cash looking for a home, gold, the metal, won't let you down. Debt free mid level miners should also be safe. If you don't want resource stocks, and there seems to be many in that camp here look for an industrial with a low debt/equity ratio (banks probably don't qualify) and with a high multiple of EBIT to interest payments. (I don't follow industrials and can't give a lead on good ones) I would avoid like the plague highly leveraged plays who will get into trouble if they can't roll over their debt.

The second hour is with Matt Simmons this week. Possibly the most articulate man on peak oil around. If you have any interest in the subject, check it out.

surely if rams was a good deal at $2.50, it would be a good deal at 80c.

but of course as sunfish said, it would be a great punt. probably ok if you have the money to weather the storm and wanted to take a speccy punt. note that ram's customer's are not defaulting, it is just that they are being hit by a liquidity driven event... making their debt much harder to roll over...

Go to bed Oscar.:) Some here seem to think they are one and the same. I Do know Mum christened me William and called me Bill as she christened my brother James and called him Jim.

Yes, will be interesting to see where the XAO ends today......I'll predict not more than 60pts up.

and will be interesting to see how much RAMs lags.

I reckon that if RAMS was any part of your investing strategy now is either a time to rethink or to buy up.

If you are a speculator, and you are lucky, then you can try to pick some up today. But any recovery may be due to a rising tide that lifts all boats and then it is a game of pass the parcel except that it wont be good to be left holding it when the music stops.

Not part of my plan. I took the gambling out of my market activities after the tech bubble.

Yeah, 10am-4pm usually. Takes 10-15 minutes to open properly and similar to close, with the opening and closing election phases.

GP

Back