Investment Expo Interest

Hi Forumites! (Long time reader - first time poster...;) )

I'm hoping I have posted this in the right section - my apologies if I have not!

I work for an Accounting Firm in Melbourne that has been mentioned here before and I am wanting your opinions on an event we are thinking of hosting this year for a second time.

Last year I organised a Property/Investment Expo in the Eastern Suburbs and invited some fantastic professionals to attend and act as 'stall holders' where the general public could come in free of charge and pick their brains, so to speak.

I saw the day as quite a success and our business was entertaining the idea of hosting another late this year if the interest is there and if we can line up some of the awesome participants we had last year and perhaps more. I know some of the professionals got some great business from this so it was by no means held for our own benefit, we wanted it to be beneficial for clients and the public also.

Would this be something you would be interested in attending? Do you have any recommendations about how to structure this or what sort of professionals you would be interested in meeting? Or even if you, yourself, as a professional would be interesting in attending?

Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated, again, I hope this is in the right section and I really look forward to any responses I may receive.

Thanks guys!

Alysha

I went along to a similar expo in Adelaide mingling with lenders, agents, accountants and developers - unfortunately the experience was soured by a professional insisting that I "come into the office next week for a chat" rather than answer the ONE simple question I had for them. They were more interested in wowing the genuinely clueless and curious in the room.

Can't draw much from one experience but it shows you do need to pick your stallholders carefully. Good luck :)

Back