I Want CG!!

Hey guys,

Going in for my first IP, hoping to spend around $300,000 looking at a few options atm;

- older style boutique appartment inner-east melbourne

- west melbourne, buy a block and build

- west melbourne, buy a larger block and build a townhouse, as equity increase build another etc

No locked in time frame but planning around 8 years or so

hoping to be convinced either way! or another way....

Hey guys,

Going in for my first IP, hoping to spend around $300,000 looking at a few options atm;

- west melbourne, buy a larger block and build a townhouse, as equity increase build another etc

I doubt you will get any older style boutique apartment in inner east melbourne for $300k.

As for west melbourne, i assume you are referring to the growth area like Wyndham Vale and Tarneit...there might be an oversupply atm which may make it difficult (not impossible) to rent it out.

Cheers

Hey guys,

300K in east melb - maybe 10 years ago.

Melbourne might have had it's run for a while mate.

For $300k and for my 2c I'd suggest those southern suburbs of Adelaide in the Onkaparinga Shire: Seaford, Port Noarlunga, Christies Beach or twin semi's on a separate titles on a big block in those Northern Elizabeth suburbs. Lots of options for future development there and huge infrastructure investment. Picked to deliver CG but at the end of the day...no one has a crystal ball.

Good luck

For $300k and for my 2c I'd suggest those southern suburbs of Adelaide in the Onkaparinga Shire: Seaford, Port Noarlunga, Christies Beach or twin semi's on a separate titles on a big block in those Northern Elizabeth suburbs. Lots of options for future development there and huge infrastructure investment. Picked to deliver CG but at the end of the day...no one has a crystal ball.

Good luck

As usual, it depends on where in Melbourne...

Good luck

You're not another of Destiny's Children, are you? I just get soooo tired of Margaret Lomas going on and on and on about Elizabeth and its surrounds. "I wouldn't buy [insert where you're thinking] myself though. I'd be looking for [creeping returns] in northern Adelaide, such as in Elizabeth, West Elizabeth, East Elizabeth, Neurocranial Elizabeth, Psychosybaritic Elizabeth, . . . "

Capital preservation more important right now

I, too, would like capital growth, however before that I desire capital preservation. ;)

CG can be achieved today but not with the passive buy/hold that most are accustomed to........CG in this market (outside of some mining regionals) needs to be manufactured.

If you can afford to go up to $400k there's some decent entry level stock in Canberra that should continue to experience decent growth in the future.

Cheers

Jamie

I, too, would like capital growth, however before that I desire capital preservation. ;)

CG can be achieved today but not with the passive buy/hold that most are accustomed to........CG in this market (outside of some mining regionals) needs to be manufactured.

agree it needs to be manufactured - it ain't like in the past where ppl could buy anything and then 5-10 years there was CG.

Depends where you're talking I guess.

I've got 50% CG in 3 years on my inner city apartment (Sydney). All we've done is replace a tap and the faulty hotplate. :D

Renos are great but that's much easier.

You're not another of Destiny's Children, are you? I just get soooo tired of Margaret Lomas going on and on and on about Elizabeth and its surrounds. "I wouldn't buy [insert where you're thinking] myself though. I'd be looking for [creeping returns] in northern Adelaide, such as in Elizabeth, West Elizabeth, East Elizabeth, Neurocranial Elizabeth, Psychosybaritic Elizabeth, . . . "

No not one of 'Destiny's Children' Belbo just providing an opinion on a public forum. The fact is I'm not affiliated with anyone. Interesting reaction though mate....:p

You should be able to get a 1 bedder in older style apartment buildings in melbs east for 300k. just keep looking and go further out east until you find the scummiest apartment, buy it, reno it and boom theres the CG.

Back