I hate sprukers

He's been around a long time.

He has also been under investigation by ASIC previously too (here and here).

As you can imagine, he doesn't like ASIC much (here).

All in all, it's no surprise that the majority of SSers are anti self-promoters.

BR

Leading financial educator says he made a mistake by teaching his clients about the stock market when he should have only taught them about real estate. -

Read more on the 21c website

Now why would he be pushing real estate - specifically the comment

?I?ve made way more money from real estate, taking up only a fraction of the time, risk and effort-whether it's buying Australian houses, US houses or land banking?.

Jamie?s preferred real estate strategies are available via free online courses at LandBanking.Com.Au and USProperty.com.au

I often wonder what makes spruikers tick. I've been reading up on psychology lately and it seems many fit the bill as suffering from Narcissistic personality disorder http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

I imagine that after sinking years into carefully crafting their image and scam operation it would be difficult to walk away from. I mean, what else are they good for? They have no other skills!

I knew a scam artist spruiker who would launch a bogus product and take several hundred k within days of launch each time for trading education products that were worthless and downright dangerous in the wrong hands.

He had been a career con his entire working life and just rolled from one con to the next. When the gig was up, he would settle out of court with the disgruntled clients and make them sign non-disclosure agreements to silence them. Then he would move onto the next scam often changing operating companies and trading names in the process.

Whenever he was short of cash instead of working for it he operated an illegal pyramid scheme where he would offer fantastical returns (2%+ per month, paid monthly) and claim that he was trading it. This was never the case.

He was suddenly diagnosed with inoperable cancer and died within weeks a few years back. Was kinda strange seeing as he had never smoked or drank and was generally in good health most of his life with no history of cancer in his family. It was as if he had been suprpessing the truth for so long that it was eating him up inside and manifested in the form of cancer.

Fyi
Read this article this morning it makes my blood boil.
https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/dozens-australians-lose-money-jamie-081403270.html
Macca446

I dont feel sorry for any of the people mentioned in the article.

Examples such as :

"People were leaving their full-time jobs as new traders and making heaps of money." Ms Koznjak says she paid just over $30,000 in membership fees and spent another $30,000 trading.
and
"I didn't try to make a million bucks, all I wanted to do was to try and make $1,000 a week, even $500 a week would have been awesome." Instead, Darren says he lost $50,000 trading and another $30,000 in course fees.

No one forced them to pay for the course, or to execute each of those trades that summed up to that. Perhaps after losing the first trade , you'd think 'Hang on, maybe i should do more learning here'.

I dont feel sorry for any of the people mentioned in the article.

Examples such as :

and

No one forced them to pay for the course, or to execute each of those trades that summed up to that. Perhaps after losing the first trade , you'd think 'Hang on, maybe i should do more learning here'.

Yes that is true Dave the end of the day they were looking for easy money to be made but most of us on here know better here.

Losing out on trades because your internet connection was slow by a few seconds???

Sure fire way to lose money if I've ever heard one.

Just sounds like playing at the pokies.

The guys a maggot. Also a LNP supporter I hear.

Dunno about that? He ran in my electorate of "New England" in the last federal election for some independent party he made up himself, The 21st century Australia party.

http://tamworthcountrylife.com.au/jamie-mcintyre-ramps-up-his-new-england-campaign/

Got about 26 votes or something like that. Don't really know what he was up to doing that but most people out here had never even heard of him. I know I hadn't.

See ya's.

ps. Oh, reading the article again he reckons,...

“I have half-a-dozen farms here, I’ve invested in excess of $10 million into this region and I believe in the rural industries otherwise I wouldn’t invest so much into it.”

So there ya go?

This has oft been posted here also

If I could give anyone any advice, any free weekend events you go to, leave your credit card at home, because they hype you up that much and get you that excited that you'd give them your left arm.

Would-be trader Darren

Back