how to find the owner of a property

We are renting a house in brisbane through an re agent.

We really love the property and would like to contact the owner about purchasing it.

I know that the owner is a pty ltd company and have their name, but google doesnt provide any leads.

I want to avoid an agents commission, so dont want to contact them through the leasing agent.

Any ideas?

I would ask DaveM. He is scarily good at it!

+1 on this,
For example he found the owner of this Commercial IP (tenant is a medico) in Gosford that I was looking to buy. It only had about 6% yield though so was the Wong deal for me.

+1 on this,
For example he found the owner of this Commercial IP (tenant is a medico) in Gosford that I was looking to buy. It only had about 6% yield though so was the Wong deal for me.

I dunno, nothing wong with 6% if it's got A grade tenants, like medical.

But if you can reduce the fat and get the yield higher, even better.

To find the name of the director and address of the company you just do an ASIC search - small fee of about $20.

We are renting a house in brisbane through an re agent.

We really love the property and would like to contact the owner about purchasing it.

I know that the owner is a pty ltd company and have their name, but google doesnt provide any leads.

I want to avoid an agents commission, so dont want to contact them through the leasing agent.

Any ideas?
Are you serious, really?

You have a lease which may or may not have the Owners details on it?

You know the Pty Ltd Company name but can't search the online Business register for a contact?

You know the address (you live in it!!) but can't do a title search for the Owner's contact details even if they are a Company?

You can't contact the local council on the pretext of a liability or fencing issue or what not.

You can't contact the 3 adjoining neighbours who may have the details .....

You can't send a confidential letter addressed to the Owner Company via the PM?

Seriously, you are not really trying and deserve to pay full Agent's commission!

Under the terms of the management agreement, the agency is most likely entitled to the sales commission regardless of being bypassed (they've introduced you to the property and the owners to the income).

As purchaser, you don't pay the agency commission but the owner is liable.

Back