How to be sure PM forwards request to LL?

I don't have the best relationship with my PM and get the feeling that in the past requests which have been asked havent been forwarded to the LL to consider...I now want to request whether the LL will consider shortening my fixed term lease in return for an increased rental amount (I'm trying to avoid an inevitable lease break situation) and so my question is whether there is a way to verify that the PM has passed this on to the LL? I have the LLs number/name however I feel contacting them direct might be a bit stalk-ish and further erode the relationship I have with the PM....

Any suggestions/advice on how/if I can know LL has gotten my request would be greatly appreciated.:eek:

Any suggestions/advice on how/if I can know LL has gotten my request would be greatly appreciated.:eek:

As a LL myself, one of the roles my PM performs is to filter out all this sort of cr@p from tenants ;). I don't expect her (cranky middled aged lady, God bless her) to pass on every dopey (not saying yours is) request that comes across my tenant's minds. My PM is fully trained to always prevent requests from ever hitting my ears.

If you want to do what you are proposing, approach the LL direct and stop pussy footing around.

As a LL myself, one of the roles my PM performs is to filter out all this sort of cr@p from tenants ;). I don't expect her (cranky middled aged lady, God bless her) to pass on every dopey (not saying yours is) request that comes across my tenant's minds. My PM is fully trained to always prevent requests from ever hitting my ears.

If you want to do what you are proposing, approach the LL direct and stop pussy footing around.

I do see where you're coming from however I dont think a $300/week increase in rent in return for a 2 month reduction in my lease is a dopey request. ;) However the PM I deal with is of the everything is too hard for her variety so I'm also wary of the request not been passed on because it means she'll have to do some work (just like when we offered to pay for security alarm to be installed because of 3 breakins in 1 yr!)...I have the LLs details but only because the PM didn't properly blank out those details on my bond receipt :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice I'll forward request to PM and might follow up with a call if I dont hear back within a week.

I have the LLs details but only because the PM didn't properly blank out those details on my bond receipt

Not sure that is correct. By Law (under every RTA) nowadays, the Tenant must be provided with the landlord's contact details. No-one can "hide behind a PM.

If you are serious, write a simple one page letter with your proposition and send it off to the Landlord direct....that way they can think about it without you putting them on the spot with a phone call and giving them no time to consider your proposal.

P.S. Despite what you think, you won't have a "relationship" with your PM.

Not sure that is correct. By Law (under every RTA) nowadays, the Tenant must be provided with the landlord's contact details. No-one can "hide behind a PM.
PM.

I have rented in 3 states and have never been given this information, on every single lease it lists the landlords name but the contact is always c/- of the agent.

.....doesn't mean to say that you are not entitled to know it....

Most Tenants don't demand all of their rights cos they don't know all of their rights. A lot of Landlords rely on this, otherwise you'd all fall under the "difficult Tenant" class.

Alot of the RTA's have just been overhauled. NSW has just gone through it. WA is just going thru it, updating it from 1987.

Have a squizz at the new regs....

.....doesn't mean to say that you are not entitled to know it....

Most Tenants don't demand all of their rights cos they don't know all of their rights. A lot of Landlords rely on this, otherwise you'd all fall under the "difficult Tenant" class.

Alot of the RTA's have just been overhauled. NSW has just gone through it. WA is just going thru it, updating it from 1987.

Have a squizz at the new regs....

Thanks Dazz Im wasnt aware the regs were changing pretty sure I was up on the current ones but will look into it. Thanks

Back