How many site/building inspections legally allowed before settlement?

I want to have a building and pest done on a property that is under contract (Qld), I also want to have an archtect fault and design report done on the property.

How many visits am I legally allowed on the property?

Dear Dynamite,

New rules coming in as more people worry about getting sued.

At the end of the day as I understand you can only have one inspection for your building inspector and one for your pest.

Real estate agents typically have always allowed entry to get quotes and visual inspections prior to settlement if you have signed a contract on the property but they are now getting difficult. Seems they are worried about getting sued if I enter the property without the owners (but having received the real estate agents permission) permission and damage it.

My current one has a typical clause to allow early entry after contract has gone unconditional to allow for repairs/renovations but additionally for the next one I will be putting in another clause something like "Owners permission for access to the property as many times as required for the purposes of quotations/measurements etc." This will remove any potential hiccup.

Back to your question. Ask your agent. They ask the owner. If the owners say yes - no problem. If the owner says no ------ They are fully within their legal rights not to let you in.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Darn, I should have thought about this before signing the contract. (you live and learn)

Only 1 site visit, would that mean more than 1 person in a site visit ie the Architect and the B&P inspector at the same time?

I would have thought though it would have been to the vendors best interest to allow as many visits as the purhaser desires, that way if the the purchaser isnt happy with the B&P (for example a cracked ceiling) they can get professional consultation?

I will approach the agent.

Back