How do you shrink pics to add to posts ??

I've asked before and never got on top of it.
I want to start another thread that is best illustrated with pics as I go.

Some ppl here seem expert with all the technical stuff like pics and thumbnails attached to posts.

Can someone ( many ones) give me a clue or two so I can get the thread underway.

Its going to be "Building a Building Company" under the value adding category.

HELP !!

Kevin.

If you want to embed pictures in a post, have a look at the FAQ- Showing gallery photos in forum posts

eg
DSCF2761.JPG

To add as a clickable thumbnail, you have to be replying using the "advanced" post feature (ie, you can't do it directly from "Quick reply"

Click on the "manage attachments" button to upload up to three files (they can be other things as well as pictures)

eg

Attachments

• DSCF2760.JPG
    DSCF2760.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 41
G'day kph,

The FAQ link that Geoff is a good one. Do note, though, that using this way has some restrictions:-

1. The major restriction is that, if you used the same photo in ANOTHER thread, the first link will no longer show the picture. (See point 14 in FAQ)

2. There are three sizes - what you type will affect how large the photo is in the thread. (See point 3 in FAQ)

Despite the restrictions, I DO like to use the "post photo within the thread" way. Like in this one:-
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=307799&postcount=1

You will note that the third photo in that post is a link - this was because I had used that photo in an earlier post, thus I would have lost that early link if I put it IN this post. If you are not likely to use these in other threads, then this way is the way I would choose.

The other good thing is that the Photo Gallery does not have the same 100Kb restriction that applies when attaching thumbnails to a post - so there may be no need to downsize the photo's at all - just load them into the appropriate Gallery, then follow the "FAQ" to bring them into your posts.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Back