how do I locate a person in the Australian Public service.

I did this 4 or 5 years ago to locate someone and got the department they worked for.
Been searching for a while but obviously in the wrong places.

Thanks in advance

What a strange question. There isnt a directory of public servants.

Have you tried google, facebook etc?

My husband recently found a relative (he was researching some family history) through the electoral roll.

I did this 4 or 5 years ago to locate someone and got the department they worked for.
Been searching for a while but obviously in the wrong places.

Thanks in advance

Public Servant, so is it State or Commonwealth??

Public Servant, so is it State or Commonwealth??

Being titled "Australian Public Service" I would says it Commonweath.

Unless you find them on any one of those social media sites or they are responsible for some form of media exposure through official reports therefore may be located via Google I think your changes are very limited.

An option if your desperate and the person has a unique name is to identify all the domain names for each of the Departments or Statutory Authourities and send a random email to these using the name and see if it bounces or you get a reply or use the"notify when read" from within outlook. Most emails are [email protected].

See here (http://australia.gov.au/directories...rectories/portfolios-departments-and-agencies) but it will take over 50+ emails but you may get lucky or arrested. Heres the format:

jo.blo@*******.gov.au

Hi Jo,

Is this you? Let me know.

Cheers,

Stalky Mc Stalkstalk (thx cu@thetop)

Last edited:
If they are in Canberra just go to every coffee shop in the area at around 10.30 in the morning.

Or, if in January, just go to Batemans Bay. I'm sure you will track them down :p

Back