house.ksou.cn data accurate?

I've been using (among others) the ksou.cn website for research and I'm wondering how accurate the data is when you look at the median sold price and it says something like "The House price is 9% lower than last year."?

Lets see. If the 9% under median was true and accurate, what benifit would this have for your decision making?

The median is only one way of valuing a property. Its a pretty big picture very rough guide to choosing a suburb, rather than a property, in my opinion.

Yes this particular property might be below the median, but its a one bed apartment, and most houses in the suburb are 4 bedroom houses on a large block with sea views.

Id say its more important comparing like for like, using the comparable sales price data for neighbouring properties.

I've found it to be about 80-90% accurate which is pretty good for free website but some of the sold prices were off by tens of thousands from what the actually sold for.

I use it regularly and find that it has been accurate everytime. My only complaint would be that it doesn't list all sold properties.

Regards

Shahin

In this case, I was comparing suburbs in general to see what the market is doing in different areas in the last year. If wouldn't stop me from purchasing in my chosen suburb, but I was curious to see to other suburbs have fared.

I have same experience as other posters said, it is doing reasonably well as a free site.

I would say look up on different free sites (e.g.: onthehouse.com.au and some other sites already mentioned on other threads on SS, or even Google the address) and cross reference the info you found, if you don't mind to spend a bit more time. That should give you some good idea how much a property may worth.

In this case, I was comparing suburbs in general to see what the market is doing in different areas in the last year. If wouldn't stop me from purchasing in my chosen suburb, but I was curious to see to other suburbs have fared.

Btw, if all you after is general median price at suburb level, there many free options. Just to name couple...

Free suburb report from RP Data
http://reareports.realestate.com.au/n/free-suburb-profile/myrp-545

Free Suburb Flyover from Pricefinder
https://www.pricefinder.com.au/

For a free site - the extent of information provided I have found to be good.

I havent used the suburb comparison component so cant comment, but for individual sales, I have had no issues.

In vic - the other sites like pricefinder and onthehouse dont appear to llist many of the sold prices - as they do in other states.

Back