Highgate WA: R80 Project #2

Sigh yes :(

After that update I decided I wanted a sit down with head of planning to get a better understanding of what the issues are and see if we can avoid going to DAC. So I had a conference call with designer, builder (ex town planner) and we have a battle plan (with options) and have requested a meeting.

I forgot to tell you how the meeting went (duh!)

Surprisingly well :)

They didn't like how bulky the loft roofs were with no gaps in between the dwellings so they suggested separating those spaces and going 3 stories. That was what they meant when they didn't like the scale.

I did almost fall off my chair when they suggested going 3 storeys instead of the 2 plus loft designed. After spending a year fighting for a 3rd storey for my other project I didn't even bother trying with this one, and now they suggest doing it :confused:

So I'm presenting to DAC our new solution tonight

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rikun74pux6emsq/front.tiff?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmrn0ogspiq8z5d/north2.tiff?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pz7by84zlkylt6/north.tiff?dl=0

Onwards, forwards and UPWARDS :D

Haha how good is that. Lol sometimes it better if it's there great idea. Bets that you would of had issues if you submitted 3 stories at the begining.

Yup presentation went well.

DAC is 4-5 architects and 4-5 people from planning services within Vincent Council. They make suggestions on what would improve your design - these can be general ideas but some are outcomes which are mandatory.

They had some good ideas, pointing out something that was incorrect on the plans and discussed a few minor changes.

We will receive minutes from the meeting in 10 days which will outline anything they feel is mandatory and we will need to address those.

But overall they loved the 3rd storey.

DAC Minutes have just arrived....... drum roll..........

The DAC supports the proposal, however it requires the applicant to reissue the proposal to achieve the mandatory requirements as set out in the mandatory items. The plans can be circulated by email

The mandatory items they want changed are not too hard and I agree will make it better. I'll be meeting with my designer on Wednesday to work through those changes.

So it will now be a 3 storey development.

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D

So it will now be a 3 storey development.

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D

Myf well done. I would really like to know:
How will that influence your budget (%) and your prospective client base?
Property valuation for the specific area?
Where will it position the value across the existing market space?

Why would a 2-storey but less attractive than a three storey?
Does it mean you can get more units on the block?
Cheers

Myf well done. I would really like to know:
How will that influence your budget (%) and your prospective client base?
Property valuation for the specific area?
Where will it position the value across the existing market space?

Why would a 2-storey but less attractive than a three storey?
Does it mean you can get more units on the block?
Cheers

I'll try and answer to the best of my ability but some things are still not priced
1. I'm assuming price increase but also value increase. Previously the 4 were costing $2m. It will influence client base by being more attractive - additional balcony and better design.
2. This project is playing in the risky high end market. Aiming for $1.1 each
3. There is a small but strong market around $1-1.3m for new high end homes.
4. The 2 storey version utilised a loft and it was quite monolithic in it's roof design. Converting the loft to a 3rd storey makes it much more attractive
5. Nope no more on the block. If we were doing apartments then it would probably mean more apartments but we are just doing houses.

Myf, my memory escapes me but why did you think there was a 2 storey height limit for r80?

Vincent
ii. The prescribed height for the area zoned R80 between Beaufort Street and Lord Street and the area zoned R60 along Walcott Street is three storeys, provided that the amenity of the residential area is protected in terms of privacy, scale and bulk.

Myf, my memory escapes me but why did you think there was a 2 storey height limit for r80?

Vincent
ii. The prescribed height for the area zoned R80 between Beaufort Street and Lord Street and the area zoned R60 along Walcott Street is three storeys, provided that the amenity of the residential area is protected in terms of privacy, scale and bulk.

It has a height limit of 2 storeys under the current TPS1 which it was lodged under. When TPS2 gets approval from WAPC then it will be 3 storey.

Back