Guys, which way do you wear your belt?

Which way do you wear your belt?

• Clockwise

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Anti-Clockwise

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just bought a new belt yesterday and the inside printing and little internal tag seem to suggest the belt should be worn in a clockwise direction.
This seemed strange to me as I've always put my belts on in an anti-clockwise direction.
Anyway, I put it on anti-clockwise and surprisingly it is fine, considering I've been doing it the other way for almost 30 years.

You only included two options. :confused:

My work belt has an attachment for a radio so I start at the back and go around in both directions as it doesn't fit through the loops.

Belts run anticlockwise in the southern hemisphere and clockwise in the northern hemisphere. I suspect your belt might have been manufactured for the North American market, best to return it and get one with the correct sequencing.

Esquire says

The belt is inserted through the left-side loops first, so that when done up, the spare end is on your left, too. 5) If you're dressing business casual, you should match the metal buckle to your watch and the leather to your shoes.

Anti-clockwise.

Oh and the dunny paper debate was settle not long ago when someone found the original patent for the toilet paper roll holder:

CARIEZcVEAAcyYy.jpg

I just bought a new belt yesterday and the inside printing and little internal tag seem to suggest the belt should be worn in a clockwise direction.

I gather it's supposed to be in the direction that you button flap does up ... so girls one way and boys the other ... and toilet paper is always up and over :D

What if you sometimes wear the belt around your neck (It does happen) then does it really matter whether it's clock wise or not.....

....not too tight......

I always wore a belt around my legs or @r$e when I was growing up, so I have never really worn a belt in my adult life.

pinkboy

To hold your pants up if you can't afford a tailor :D

Really, but for most you would not need a belt cos experts are working on averages and we are getting bigger, that's OK cos they are also making the sizes larger, but keeping the sizes down, good for marketing? so all good, at the end of the day, I figure you don't need a belt

what about the tie, what is the purpose of this, like the belt.. don't get it, stabilises the neck???

Back