Granny Flat builder Newcastle / Port Stephens area

Hi everyone, I did a search for this on the forum but wasn't able to find much. Does anyone Have a granny flat builder in the Newcastle area that they could recommend? My property is actually in the Port Stephens area. Obviously it's easier to find someone in Newcastle so im searching there.

I did a Google seach and it returns some results but I would like to hear what people experiences have been like up there.

Thanks

Thanks Dave,

I will wait for Brazen to respond, im sure he'll be around shortly lol

Hi ok180. I do have a Granny Flat Builder in the Newcastle region. Just email me and I'll email you his details.

He did a job for a forum member here last year...cant think of her forum name now, sorry.

Brazen.

We are finishing up one in Newcastle now. I can give you a name of one I wouldn't use again!;)

Our guy is cheap and nice enough, and did ok to lockup but has gone down from there when all the different trades need organising at once. There has been delays, mistakes through being unorganised and lack of attention to detail.

I haven't used any other builders in Newcastle or heard of anyone elses experiences with GFs up here though so sorry that I can't comment on any others.

We are finishing up one in Newcastle now. I can give you a name of one I wouldn't use again!;)

Our guy is cheap and nice enough, and did ok to lockup but has gone down from there when all the different trades need organising at once. There has been delays, mistakes through being unorganised and lack of attention to detail.

I haven't used any other builders in Newcastle or heard of anyone elses experiences with GFs up here though so sorry that I can't comment on any others.

Hi laurieload,
So he sucks or....? I wont recommend him if he isnt 100% commited. Please let me know asap!

That's the difficulty with rural/regioonal builders in my experience. It's hard to get feedback on the quality.

Have sent you an email Brazen. Nice guy but unorganised, and no good unless you are experienced and there checking all the time, I would say.

I just spoke to the construction guy up there.

The issue with the colour choice and other issues were just communication issues...I dunno. He's gong to send me photos so i can see the finished project soon.

Let's see how it looks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow up - builder turned out to be not so nice after all. Trying to charge ridiculous variations now in last invoice. Definitely wouldn't use them for a granny flat build in newcastle / hunter / central cost / mid north nsw coast again. :mad:

Hi everyone, I did a search for this on the forum but wasn't able to find much. Does anyone Have a granny flat builder in the Newcastle area that they could recommend? My property is actually in the Port Stephens area. Obviously it's easier to find someone in Newcastle so im searching there.

I did a Google seach and it returns some results but I would like to hear what people experiences have been like up there.

Thanks

What part of port stephens?

Newcastle Granny Flat Builder?

I guess I am the same - I am looking for a reliable granny flat builder who services the Newcastle area. I am looking at several houses and would like a reliable GF Builder to look at the three houses from the Google maps and give his opinion which will suit a GF best and then we can work out prices, times etc. Thanks for reading this.:)

Back