going from int only variable to fixed rate

Hoping to get some advice from more experienced investors or finance brokers.
I have 3 loans totalling about 600k all with adelaide bank. 2 out of the three will be 5 years old very soon. They are interest only and will reset to pincipal and interest if I do nothing. Total of the 2 is about 400k.
I would like to change the loans to fixed interest rates for about 5 years if possible.
However I believe that I must have p & I for it to be fixed interest rate. Is this correct.

If I talk to my existing lender about going to a fixed int rate, will they want to do valuations or any other onerous contortions? Or should I be able to just choose my poison from their list of available products.

Should I be able to negotiate a discount on their fixed rate products or is that workable only with variable product?:confused:

No our st George one that came off recently was a 3 year fixed interest only loan. Coming off fixed to variable didn't involve any paperwork or valuations we jut chose the product that we wanted to change to.

Hiya Giddo

In general, most lenders may want to do a new credit assessment to go from IO to a new IO period .

However, ABL generally do 10 year IO periods if asked from the outset, so you may be on a good case.

On the discounts, there isnt a lot of fat there but always worth the ask

ta
rolf

Back