Frankston gurus?

Spiderman, Monash's Nursing School has been in Frankston for almost two decades, if not longer. A good chunk of the enrolment are postgrads from overseas.

For my spouse and I, the attraction for Frankston did not lie in it being a beachside suburb. For us, it was because most of the houses (thanks Granddad) are on subdivisible blocks. The other attraction was the local high school. The presence of plenty of infrastructure was also a bonus.

If it wasn't a beachside suburb you probably wouldn't have bought there though
And if frankston was 15 km inland and didn't attract people with aspirations then the high school would still be crap

Cranbourne?

I'd take frankston because it's on the beach and has a much better chance of being considered a desirable location by future ppor buyers

The beach is a proven investment strategy

If it wasn't a beachside suburb you probably wouldn't have bought there though The beach is a proven investment strategy

Good point. Although my spouse and I are not interested in the beach or boating, future buyers might well be.

For us, Frankston represented exceptional value. Most of what we bought was enticingly affordable, bordering on being cash flow positive. We bought one house for a PPoR. That one settles in December.

We were a bit put off by all the talk about crime etc. But when we looked at the hard stats, the crime rate in Frankston is well below that of inner-city central Melbourne, including Richmond where we once lived.

My only complaint about Frankston: not enough Asian restaurants or fancy cafes. In good time, I guess these things will come. Another gripe - finding decent property managers.

Good point. Although my spouse and I are not interested in the beach or boating, future buyers might well be.

For us, Frankston represented exceptional value. Most of what we bought was enticingly affordable, bordering on being cash flow positive. We bought one house for a PPoR. That one settles in December.

We were a bit put off by all the talk about crime etc. But when we looked at the hard stats, the crime rate in Frankston is well below that of inner-city central Melbourne, including Richmond where we once lived.

My only complaint about Frankston: not enough Asian restaurants or fancy cafes. In good time, I guess these things will come. Another gripe - finding decent property managers.

Frankstons crime rate would be close to double that of Richmond.

Has Frankston already moved in some regard? ... I'm don't know if this is because of the market in general inflating or gentrification of Frankston. But to me demand looks significantly higher in the area compared to only a year ago.

Yeah, the glut has well and truly moved. Prices appear to have moved a bit but not hugely. Just looking on realestate.com there used to be more than a thousand properties come up (b4 selecting criteria) and now it's 300 or less. Central Frankston seems to be most in-demand by the sounds of things. Maybe that's because of developers/investors buying up.

Interesting the different reasons that people chose Frankston. I chose it because of all those qualities and tried to get as close to Frankston South and the highschool zone as I could - not sure if this has paid off yet.

The highschool has had a good reputation for a while. I think it's pretty important in Melbourne, isn't it? It's just one of the many drivers.

Lord Shanghai: My only complaint about Frankston: not enough Asian restaurants. In good time, I guess these things will come. Another gripe - finding decent property managers

- Or any nice restaurants and cafes.

Amen to that. That's when we'll know it's gentrifying.

People's, peoples!!

Yes there are good pms in frankston just gotta know which ones. Remember our little friend word of mouth??

I think ATM there are some lovely restaurants I recommend seagulls or the spice club by far and he deck has a good feed too.

Back