Forrestfield, WA - R25/R60

I see Kalamunda council is rezoning some land near the Edin burgh Rd Shopping centre in Forrestfield into R25/R60. Anyone familiar with the conditions required to develop land to R60? I wouldn't have thought it was a good area to develop apartments for, since it is basically in the hills.

Theres already a block with 2 rows of townhouses on it under construction just near the shopping centre. I live in forrestfield and go past this occasionally.

Theres already a block with 2 rows of townhouses on it under construction just near the shopping centre. I live in forrestfield and go past this occasionally.

I would imagine the zoning on that parcel would be very different to what is proposed to be changed to dual zoning in 2016.

I see Kalamunda council is rezoning some land near the Edin burgh Rd Shopping centre in Forrestfield into R25/R60. Anyone familiar with the conditions required to develop land to R60? I wouldn't have thought it was a good area to develop apartments for, since it is basically in the hills.

R60 is also good for townhouses.

The requirements to get R60 on a dual coding site is usually writting in the Town Planning Scheme or you can just call council.

Sometimes it's things like
- retaining a house
- building two storey
- having a corner lot

What can i read into that emoticon?

Just read its proposed, expected by 2016 but that cant be a guarantee.

What he means is that whilst it is still only PROPOSED, the markets prices have already moved as if it had already been rezoned. It is much like the case of all of the suburbs in City Of Joondalup, they've been proposed for the last 5 years and there are rumours every year that the rezoning is next year. (every year an extra year is added). These suburbs are also already over priced.
Heathridge, Craigie, Currambine, Padbury, Kallaroo and Beldon have all been over priced thanks to this proposal.

What he means is that whilst it is still only PROPOSED, the markets prices have already moved as if it had already been rezoned. It is much like the case of all of the suburbs in City Of Joondalup, they've been proposed for the last 5 years and there are rumours every year that the rezoning is next year. (every year an extra year is added). These suburbs are also already over priced.
Heathridge, Craigie, Currambine, Padbury, Kallaroo and Beldon have all been over priced thanks to this proposal.
Yeh i know what he was saying. I was just confused about the emoticon used. Maybe slight sarcasm or because hes happy because he has property there.

it makes for a tough one as an investor. Do you buy where there is propozed zoning but all these places have their price adjusted appropriatly to propozed zoning.

Or do you buy somewhere with no propozed zoning, however market maybe hasnt jumped like the above scenario.

Can i ask how long some of the propozed zonings have stood in Perth suburbs before the rezoning was changed.

First they think of it, then they do community consultation, then they write up reports, then they decide to sit on it, then the Council actually votes on it, then it goes to WAPC for approval then it happens.

Between thinking and Council voting can be YEARS. Wanneroo initiated the idea of rezoning Girrawheen, Koondoola about 5 years ago I think and still haven't voted on it.

WAPC section can take around a year.

Some councils are very quick. Think about it, do it within 18mths and then go to WAPC

First they think of it, then they do community consultation, then they write up reports, then they decide to sit on it, then the Council actually votes on it, then it goes to WAPC for approval then it happens.

Between thinking and Council voting can be YEARS. Wanneroo initiated the idea of rezoning Girrawheen, Koondoola about 5 years ago I think and still haven't voted on it.

Some councils are very quick. Think about it, do it within 18mths and then go to WAPC

Thanks.

Do certain councils have a good rep and/or bad rep for the time in which they put these zoning ideas through?

Kala is gonna get taken over by Belmont, be interesting to see what happens then. Maybe they'll start posting my ppor council rates to the right house.

Which councils move that fast, Westminster?

Kala is gonna get taken over by Belmont, be interesting to see what happens then. Maybe they'll start posting my ppor council rates to the right house.

When is this going to happen?

Do you think it will be a positive or a negative?

So potentially propozed zoning could get flushed down the toilet by another council?

Back