FHOG - Victoria

no, they will not. the only exception is if they bought an investment property after July 2000.

You can always email the state revenue office yourself and get an individual response.

no you would not receive it as you have owned property before.

to be eligible to receive the grant, the SRO must be satisfied that:

You and your spouse/partner have not received a grant in any State or Territory of Australia.
You and your spouse/partner must not have owned residential property, either jointly, separately or with some other person prior to 1 July 2000, in any State or Territory of Australia.
You and your spouse/partner must not have occupied for a continuous period of at least 6 months, a residential property in which either of you acquired a relevant interest on or after 1 July 2000 in any State or Territory of Australia.
You must be a natural person (not a company) and at least 18 years of age at the time of settlement or completion of construction.

Sorry it 's an No for VIC..

But possible under the NSW scheme- if you didnt declare and live in the 1st purchase as your PPOR.

"All applicants and/or their spouse/de facto have not owned on or after 1 July 2000 a residential property and occupied that property jointly, separately or with some other person in any State or Territory of Australia for a continuous period of at least six months."

http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/benefits/first_home/general/eligibility/

Regards
Michael

no you would not receive it as you have owned property before.

to be eligible to receive the grant, the SRO must be satisfied that:

You and your spouse/partner have not received a grant in any State or Territory of Australia.
You and your spouse/partner must not have owned residential property, either jointly, separately or with some other person prior to 1 July 2000, in any State or Territory of Australia.
You and your spouse/partner must not have occupied for a continuous period of at least 6 months, a residential property in which either of you acquired a relevant interest on or after 1 July 2000 in any State or Territory of Australia.
You must be a natural person (not a company) and at least 18 years of age at the time of settlement or completion of construction.

so if I purchase an IP in Melbourne now, and say in 2 years time purchase a PPOR, I would be eligible for FHOG from SRO Vic?

Note, I have never received any grants, nor do I currently own any residential property. I am also living at home with parents

No you wont be able to get the FHOG, because you owned a IP - which is residential ... ( residential does not mean PPOR)

"You and your spouse/partner must not have owned residential property, either jointly, separately or with some other person prior to 1 July 2000, in any State or Territory of Australia"

Regards
Michael

so if I purchase an IP in Melbourne now, and say in 2 years time purchase a PPOR, I would be eligible for FHOG from SRO Vic?

Yes, you would be eligible for FHOG, as soon as you purchase a PPOR. If you had bought an investment property previously, as long as it was after July 2000, this does not preclude you from FHOG.

This is also the same if you choose to make your IP a PPOR at some stage. you are then eligible for FHOG.

Sorry to contradict you Michael, I havent quoted the SRO, but I have previously done the research.

Yes, you would be eligible for FHOG, as soon as you purchase a PPOR. If you had bought an investment property previously, as long as it was after July 2000, this does not preclude you from FHOG.

This is also the same if you choose to make your IP a PPOR at some stage. you are then eligible for FHOG.

Sorry to contradict you Michael, I havent quoted the SRO, but I have previously done the research.

That fine Tobe, because you are correct...sorry my previous answer was based on the original tread poster- rosehill.

young_starter - if you buy a IP now, it's fine as you will still get the FHOG, the series of No's you see before are for ppl who bought the IP prior to 1 July 2000 ( rosehill original post)

Regards
Michael

That fine Tobe, because you are correct...sorry my previous answer was based on the original tread poster- rosehill.

young_starter - if you buy a IP now, it's fine as you will still get the FHOG, the series of No's you see before are for ppl who bought the IP prior to 1 July 2000 ( rosehill original post)

Regards
Michael

Almost made the same mistake as you Michael. The 2nd question confused me and i thought it strange given the original answer. Had to go back and noticed the young starter had popped by :)

Back