Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

I shopped around a bit for property managers and managed to find two that would offer me 7.7% (with some negotiating).

How much are others paying?

Your time has a cost - how do you get insurance self managing?

do you mean landlords insurance?

I have normal home and contents insurance.

Ive been burned enough times by property managers and their choice of tenants.

The whole tenancy tribunal doesn't work in Elizabeth anyway.

When something breaks the manager calls me and i have to sort it out anyway if i don't want to pay through the nose for it...

I live in neighboring suburbs to my IP's...

Also i hate having to wait 2-3 weeks to collect rent after they hold onto for a couple weeks gaining interest etc

I don't see what they do that i cant.

The whole tenancy tribunal doesn't work in Elizabeth anyway just curious about your comment, care to elaborate?

Works the same as in any other area. Present the correct paperwork at the correct times and you get the correct result.

Or, choose quality tenants to begin with and its a non issue.

yes would agree, difficult to generalise about a particular region so I was curious about the comment and what experiences might have generated it.

prompt action when indicated rather than see the tribunal as a last resort. better to nip things in the bud before they escalate.

Works the same as in any other area. Present the correct paperwork at the correct times and you get the correct result.

Or, choose quality tenants to begin with and its a non issue.

I do choose quality tenants which is why I don't need property managers

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...-elizabeth-plant/story-fnii5yv4-1227118804758

no one here worried at all?

I'm more worried about the perception the Northern suburbs will get through the media than I am about holdens closing down

Lol

They dont mention that
1) majority of holdens workers are on good money and therefore dont live in playford area anyway
2) that majority of holdens workers have already gone and theres only a handful left who'll be able to retire on their payouts
3) that other businesses are opening in the area which creates a net employment gain

Its massively over hyped meaningless crap. The red rooster closed down in my suburb I live in, should I worry about stuff here too?

Lol

They dont mention that
1) majority of holdens workers are on good money and therefore dont live in playford area anyway
2) that majority of holdens workers have already gone and theres only a handful left who'll be able to retire on their payouts
3) that other businesses are opening in the area which creates a net employment gain

Its massively over hyped meaningless crap. The red rooster closed down in my suburb I live in, should I worry about stuff here too?

I was hoping the demise of the v8 Supercars would happen with Holden and ford going - got to be the worst over hyped sport on tv.

As for housing, if anything, it will only make the rental market tighter.

The Feds will do something, probably build the northern connector and continue upgrades of South road and start talking to bhp about getting Olympic dam going again.

Lol

They dont mention that

Dave,i would really like to see the facts you are basing this all on.

A Question with a Question,Interesting.I didn't read the article so i am assuming these are your thoughts?,but seriously if you believe there will be no major changes with the Holden close down in SA,you would have to be very short sighted.Take a look at this Fact!!!!!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-13/holden-former-mitsubishi-workers-hope-closure/5154582 2 years on a third of that workforce were still not employed full time.I worked for Mitsubishi/Holden/Ford/Hendersons for more than a decade,and i have seen 1st hand how much employment these factories create,from the main lines,to the 1st,2nd,3rd tier suppliers,even down to the tea lady(yes we had many!),these people all earnt wages,paid tax and contributed to the economy.I seriously cannot understand some of the comments in this thread regarding Holdens shutdown,its like putting your head in the sand thinking nothings going to change.Wow,just Wow.

Back