Does anyone else have these days or just me

Hi All,
Just posting this today as I am feeling like can anything else go wrong.
Cut large Tree down -Termites need treatment in and around home $$$$
Gearbox blows up in car - $1200
IP4 -Tenant breaking lease
My Work injury - Insurer weekly payments and medical cease.
IP1 -retaining wall collapses,ant nest inside property - needs spraying,tenants want new carpet as existing is to old and worn-$2k.
All this in 1 day.
WOW I think I need a few drinks tonight LOL .

I once had a bit of bad news. Nothing life threatening, just a bit disappointing and it meant I needed to do some extra work. The sort of thing that makes you want to kick a cute furry animal in frustration.

I then thought about how things had been going. Other parts of my life where working well, overall things were actually pretty good, just a few shot term disappointments.

I decided that usually Karma is fairly good to me, it was time for me to pay it back a bit. The reality check was due.

I got on with it, fixed the problem and went back to having an awesome day. ;)

Macca it looks like there's a lot hitting you all at once. Work through each problem as best you can. Realize they're all problems today and once they're gone, they're gone. Tomorrow will be awesome again.

I seem to get to these "pick me up" threads late.
In other words I concur with PT & Aaron.;)

You'll be right.

Attack each problem one by one and move on.

You have factored these things in havent you?

Yeah... knew you did!:)

Take care.

Hi all,
Thanks for all your kind thoughts, I have factored in most of this such as having a good buffer etc,I have started to get other stuff organized too quotes etc ,regarding myself financially I am enrolling in a tafe course in July to change career direction and get myself up skilled with required certificate to get a job in the field I want, I have budgeted our expenses and costs as my partner gone back to work full time and property portfolio is cash positive but these bumps that come along just put a bit of a hole in my finances but not the end ,just get it sorted,think positive and move forward thats what my better half keeps reminding me.
Cheers.

That's horrible! Hope things turn out ok for you. Yep, I agree look for the positives now, and youll get through it.

I have had a similar experience. I was rushed to the emergency department on Sunday rib injury from sport. I was in agony. Anyway I was really concerned about my neck as the pain radiated up the side of my body through the shoulder and my neck. For a while there I was too scared to move my neck because I wasn't sure of the damage that had been caused.

I was bummed id be missing a heap of footy but I was thinking of the positives. I was very grateful that after waiting for a couple of hours in the ED my body was moving a bit better, & I could move my neck fine. Before at the ground I was too scared to move my neck to the side.

I've been in so much pain, I had further xrays today and they came out clear but tomorrow I'll have a cat scan to see how my organs are. Hopefully all is ok!

My dog passed away that same morning too. She was in late stage heart failure. I'm glad she is at peace now

Last edited:
When I had days like this I always asked myself, would I want it dragged out over a month or more, or over and done with in one day and I always chose the one day. Its like getting a speeding fine, my brother got one and was ranting and raving "I am going to string it out and pay on the last day, they are not getting my money, etc. etc." I said, you know what, I always pay immediately then it is over and forgotten, not festering for a month

Hi All,
Just posting this today as I am feeling like can anything else go wrong.
Cut large Tree down -Termites need treatment in and around home $$$$
Gearbox blows up in car - $1200
IP4 -Tenant breaking lease
My Work injury - Insurer weekly payments and medical cease.
IP1 -retaining wall collapses,ant nest inside property - needs spraying,tenants want new carpet as existing is to old and worn-$2k.
All this in 1 day.
WOW I think I need a few drinks tonight LOL .

You could make it a mastercard (or was it visa?) advert :D

You know, the one that ends with... "<something> - priceless" :)

The Y-man

Those days are the days ending in 'y' right? :)

There's nothing 'health' related in there so probably not to bad in the grand scheme of things?

Back