costs for duplex construction

things I would have done differently
we should have got the plans drawn up then got the builders to quote them
if we had the extra money I would have paid for the tiles etc myself as what I paid for the tiles now I could have probably gotten top of the range
so far it has been ok
the council stuffed us around a little bit
which caused a few extra costs
but so far so good

anyone that has built a double story duplex know the time frame from lock up to handover

progress pics

Attachments

• IMG_8557.jpg
    IMG_8557.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 933
more pics
should have brick and roof pics this week

Attachments

• IMG_8311.jpg
    IMG_8311.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 842
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 853
  • 211.jpg
    211.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 788
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 879
" however, to allocate additional funds for site works: extra piering, retaining walls (if any), fences, driveway, cross-over and layback (parts of driveway on council land), landscaping, stormwater drainage, detention and disposal, rainwater tanks. This would generally cost in excess of $120,000 for an average duplex. This is significantly more than you allowed for"

G.Field, Just wondering how much site works ended up costing you mate? I cant imagine it was as much as 120k for a duplex. Any feedback on site costs??

Thanks mate,

Leo

Well done mate.

I think your duplex construction is just in time to finish and sell for a healthy profit as the market has been doing quite well for the last year.

I was checking the recent sold prices in the Caringbah suburbs and found the recent sale of duplex sold for $1.025 to $1.45 mill.

Very expressive!!!

Hope to hear more feedback soon!!!!

g.field13, well done for taking on this project. I'm following your thread with great interesting. Thanks for posting up some great information.

Hi there,
I am a first timer looking to do a duplex in the Sutherland Shire. I have the land currently zoned 45.1 going to 7.1 under the new plan coming in. Its a corner block.

Should I go with a Project builder ie Masterton, Champion, Kurmond or get plans drawn up by a draftsman and have private builders quote?

Also what other costs should I allow for? Looking at 4 bed 2 storey duplex is $750K with a medium finishes reasonable to cover ALL expenses?

hi everyone yeah the market is real healthy over here where we are
ill post up some pics
been a long time coming nearly there
just started landscaping should have driveways in by early next week and second walk through next week
then bank process so about 1 week
so should have keys in about weeks to move in yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

ill upload some more when landscape is done

yeah the market has moved quite a bit over here I think we will get another good few months leading up to xmas this year then

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 653
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 644
  • 43.jpeg
    43.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 593
  • 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 614
  • 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 562
I know it now, just before Caringbah rd.
I drive Gannons rd, end to end, daily as I live at the south end.
There was a bunch of developments going on there recently.
The front facade seems to have only had the top half painted for quite a while now.
Is that because they had to do the top first and take scaffolding away, although it's been quite a few months now.

hi everyone yeah the market is real healthy over here where we are
ill post up some pics
been a long time coming nearly there
just started landscaping should have driveways in by early next week and second walk through next week
then bank process so about 1 week
so should have keys in about weeks to move in yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

ill upload some more when landscape is done

yeah the market has moved quite a bit over here I think we will get another good few months leading up to xmas this year then

I have been reading this post over the months.

If you need any help in the future, DA's, Duplexes, Design, Granny Flats, My expertise is at hand. I have been doing this for many years and know how to make the most of a space! Have great certifiers and my Builders have excellent quality.

Back