Cost for making the base higher?

Cost for making the base/foundation higher?

As in another post of mine, I mentioned that the altitude of the land I bought(saw in Google Earth) is lower than its surrounding lands, I received many useful replies, after discussing with my parents, we want to know if it is possible to make the base higher like 20cm-30cm? And what is the cost? I bought this land+house package through an agent, who should I contact to do this?

Thanks!

edit:

this is the post:

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73102

edit 2:
My English is poor, maybe it is called "foundation", it is the first step of building a house, digging hole on the ground? Also, the house is not built at all, so I'm not doing it for an already-built house.

excuse my simplicity...but wouldn't the easiest way be to truck in some dirt?

Seems to be the logical way for me and most likely the cheapest.

Once you start adding fill to a block before building on it, then you have to:
1. Compact the fill.
2. Pier down through the fill before laying a slab on top (this can add many thousands of $'s to the cost - called "site costs".
3. You may also have to build a retaining wall/s and appropriate drainage to stop water flow off your built-up block running off onto your lower neighbour's land.

Think long & hard about this before you go down that path.

Once you start adding fill to a block before building on it, then you have to:
1. Compact the fill.
2. Pier down through the fill before laying a slab on top (this can add many thousands of $'s to the cost - called "site costs".
3. You may also have to build a retaining wall/s and appropriate drainage to stop water flow off your built-up block running off onto your lower neighbour's land.

Think long & hard about this before you go down that path.

Yes I'll take your advice, but for point 3, as I said in my other post, the land has lower altitude than surrounding lands, will they lower their land to prevent water flooding into my house? Also, my parent worried that in case of a heavy rain, will water be accumulated in my house, or is there any law/policy/regulation that house builder should at least not let that happen easily for house on land like mine?

...my land has lower altitude than surrounding lands, will they lower their land to prevent water flooding into my house?
I don't know what your neighbours will do. :confused:
BUT if you make your land higher than theirs (by filling it) you will cause some problems requiring you to fix as above.

Also, my parent worried that in case of a heavy rain, will water be accumulated in my house, or is there any law/policy/regulation that house builder should at least not let that happen easily for house on land like mine?
I suggest you have a talk with your builder.

Back