Construction next door - What to do

You cannot touch them as they do not belong to you. You need to get the police involved.

If they are on your property I would be moving them. Surely you have the right to do so after asking them and giving them enough time to act.

Seen as they dont want to do so, to me that means they dont want them.

Put up a sign saying free you take away. Or just throw them back over the fence one at a time. To me its the same if your neighbours tree hangs over onto your side of the fence you can trim it and throw the branchs back onto their side as it is their tree.

Regards

If they are on your property I would be moving them. Surely you have the right to do so after asking them and giving them enough time to act.

Seen as they dont want to do so, to me that means they dont want them.

Put up a sign saying free you take away. Or just throw them back over the fence one at a time. To me its the same if your neighbours tree hangs over onto your side of the fence you can trim it and throw the branchs back onto their side as it is their tree.

Regards

If by moving them the items are damaged or lost, then you are responsible as you are aware that the items are not yours.

Best to contact the police and have them deal with the matter.

A lesson for everyone

I don't have any advice for this problem, however I think there is a lesson for everyone.
Anyway, we share a common driveway.....

In the country we have a saying: "Good fences make good neighbours." I personally would not buy a property that had any "common" item with a neighbour, unless it was managed by a third party. That is why we have councils to manage streets and drainage etc.

In hindsight maybe you could have erected a temporary fence (with private property signs attached) along your side of the driveway before construction began, and cut your losses on the driveway.

Years ago I took on a rural grazing property that had a water trough that was filled from the neighbours pipe. At the first opportunity I disconected and capped the neighbours pipe and connected it to my own supply. I was worried that any problems that might occur would sour our relationship. So far, so good.

Boundary fences are another matter and we now have all those on good order and don't have any trouble. If a neighbour wouldn't come up with their share of a new fence I would try to negotiate, put myself in their shows, and find a solution. Worst case I would serve a notice to fence. Any thoughts on this? Would you pay more than your share?

I've contacted council and they advised they will come out to have a look. However I've declined this option for now because I dont want council coming around and fining them for all their dodgy stuff (again simply to avoid bad blood).

The architect is has now given me a verbal this will be done, but I think he's just saying it to keep me happy. Legally are they required to put some sort of drainage system in to stop water run off into my back yard?
Stuff the Architect,he or she is playing with you as they do,The Police will not help as this is a civil matter,plus from your post the stormwater problems have only started,and can go above 10k to fix the problem.
Step one have the balls and ring your local council and ask for help.
Keep a up to date diary,with photos ,rego numbers ,times.
Find a Solicitor and ask for help..

Council is as dodgy as they are.

Council went out to have a look, claimed they had a fence erected when there wasnt one.... no point trying to fight something when everyone is dodgy.

I'm living there now so im keeping an eye on everything... to the point I even notified them to get their builders out yesterday because the tarp they put on the roof was about to fly away with the wind.

Back