computer program to manage rental properties (please help newbie!)

Hello,
Does anyone know of a computer program that can keep track of all the miscellaneous information required for a number of rental properties? I need a program that can pull up one aspect of several properties (ie, the insurance premium payment) or many aspects of one property (ie, a dozen factors such as what balance is owing on its loan, what the weekly rent is, or when the tenancy falls due). All properties are managed by real estates, but obviously that doesnt keep track of all the other details. All suggestions will be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Helen

I use Property Manager Pro for the accounting side of my properties. I don't use many of it's features, but I'm fairly sure that it includes features to cover most of what you are after.
All of my loans are IO, so loan balances etc don't matter to me.
There are many products around. The BEST one is the one that's best for YOU. ie. you are comfortable with the interface, find it intuitive to use and is at least an 80% fit for your requirements.

I just use a very simple excel spreadsheet that provides me with all that sort of information.

Just your properties across the top and the income (rent) and expenses in rows below. I just list the rentals dates with the weekly rent and when i get the statement from the property manager just puta PAID sign next to the week. The expenses can be dated as water and utilities, rates, insurance premiums occur regularly at certain dates , per quarter, annually etc.

I do all the bill payments as i can control my cashflows better as PM's tend to pay bills way in advance.

I also have IO loans so the loan balances don't change.

i would suggest not bothering with a computer programme as it can be costly for little benefit.

Having said that its horses for courses and some people feel more in control with a dedicated piece of software.

I just use a very simple excel spreadsheet that provides me with all that sort of information.

Just your properties across the top and the income (rent) and expenses in rows below. I just list the rentals dates with the weekly rent and when i get the statement from the property manager just puta PAID sign next to the week. The expenses can be dated as water and utilities, rates, insurance premiums occur regularly at certain dates , per quarter, annually etc.

I do all the bill payments as i can control my cashflows better as PM's tend to pay bills way in advance.

I also have IO loans so the loan balances don't change.

i would suggest not bothering with a computer programme as it can be costly for little benefit.

hi is there an example somewhere of how this is set out?

thanks

Back