Colour coding - furniture and walls

Hi All,

I?m not sure if this post is in the correct area..

I am busy renovating our main bedroom. I have finally decided that I am going with a dark grey laminate flooring (as it matches best with our dark black slate flooring in the hallway).

Now that I have decided on the floor colour, I am deciding on what colour I should paint the walls and what colour furniture I should get.

I spoke to the lady at the flooring company, and she told me that the latest ?trend? and the ?in thing? is having dark grey floors, with flush white walls and black furniture.

I am not the best when it comes to colouring coding, but I see the flush white walls and black furniture clashing quite a bit, what are your thoughts?

I can see dark grey floors going well with black furniture AND dark grey floors going well with flush white walls? but I just cant see the black furniture going well with the flush white walls.

What your thoughts?

Cheers,
Robbie

I dislike black furniture because it always looks dusty.
It's important to get what you like & feel comfortable with because trends never last long.
Take a look at the website Houzz Australia.
You can even search for "dark floor" & I'm sure you will get lots of photos to inspire you.

Ha ha, I'm always on there too! Some of the homes/rooms are beautiful. It's nice to dream.....

I think a stark black & white bedroom would not be very relaxing. You need some warmth in there. If you are not really into bold colour try tones like beiges, greys & silver with your dark floor. Good luck!

I'm about to lay a dark grey 'timber' floor. Walls will be half strength dulux tranquil retreat and trims will be dulux white on white. Furniture will also be gloss white with hints of the accent colour thrown around.

The colours I've chosen are very cool though which is good for this climate but if you do go grey then a warmer shade may work better in Adelaide.

Back