Channel 9 "the Block"

Well it had to happen, a reality TV renovator’s show!!!!

So who is going to win?

How much will they sell for?

And what about the directors selection of candidates!!!!

We have …

Woof & his mate,

Ken & Barbie,

The practical plumber

And the drama queens.

Jamie Drury what have you done son, and Toyota jumping on the band wagon as well.

(Mr Ed quietly askes) Any insider tips on the auction prices?????

Mr Ed,

I think they've got a great variety of people - it will be good entertainment & that's about all it will be :)

I love the units they've got - could do a lot with them in ten weeks. Anyone out there with a similar place, let me know - I want to buy it!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I watched it and thought once most of the dust and dirt was cleared, it wasn't too bad.......

Mind you, most of those people armed with power tools is a damn scarey thought!!!

Hardly reality though. Here's cooking items, a bed, and food for while you're here, all the power tools you could need, a car for running around, a ute for heavy stuff and a chunk of change$$..... I didn't get that last renno:(

And where's the kids you have to deal with at the same time?

Its also the second renno reality show. Who remembers the other one where they moved two houses into place and they renno'd those? Had voting and the works...

If half those people succeed, there has to have been some help.....

Each couple has a budget of $30000 for tradesmen etc and $10000 for decorator items and furniture. they have to live in the unit for the whole time and are not allowed to take time off from their day jobs either (apparently.)

why do they always have to use "couples" though? A bit trite I think...

Nat:)

Ah, but who has valued the stuff in the units they got?

Boxes of tools
Stereo & TV equipment etc.....
Entertainment units..
etc
etc

Mind you, one hard thing is having one room finished in one week. Normally, you'd do all the dusty work, then clean, then paint the lot.....

Bit harder doing it piecemeal....

the funniest thing about that show was the guys laugh - he kept me in stitches all night!

I think they'll win too. They seem quite organised. The first thing they did was make a plan, whereas the others kind of just jumped in and started doing stuff.

I think the young girl with the BMW hubby is too much of a snot to get her hands dirty

Come on Mr ED, weren't you watching????

The guys are CAMP???????????

I also think they'll win. Gays generally have good decorating taste - Hope they don't use too much pink. Let's face it, all of the units don't look too bad. Most of the strcutural problems have been fixed. Kitchens and bathrooms aren't too bad to organise.

Perhaps we should have our own survey.

Ie- who do you think will win and what do you think they'll achieve at auction.

Cheers
BUNDY:cool:

I had to laugh at Dunc's post, i totally agree....they have the focus necessary to win...and good luck to them too !

It distressed me that way the girls generally looked all snooty at the place (I would have been rubbing my hands in glee !)

the one who had to clean the toilet....I could scarcely believe my eyes, if she's this precious about cleaning a toilet, god help her doing the hard yards !!!!

women like this give females a bad name....I love renovating......and talk about an easy reno !!!!

A bit of cosmetic work !!!!
*snort*, nambys !!!!!!

anyway, time will tell........

Savanna

Last edited:
Originally posted by Mr Ed
JK,

But why the tent in the house?

Mr Ed

Smart move!

Zip it up during the day.. make as much dust as you want.. work as late as you want.. wait for the dust to settle.. unzip tent and hop into a clean dustless bed!

Property is such fun.. who can imagine a reality TV Show about managing a share portfolio?

Duncan.

Originally posted by Savanna100
the one who had to clean the toilet....I could scarcely believe my eyes, if she's this precious aboput cleaning a toilet, god help her doing the hard yards !!!!

AND she got to wear gloves ;)

This is entertainment, not renovation (renotainment?).

The three hetero couples are likely to get more airtime because they have more 'issues' like this one. The gay couple are just trying to win & won't be playing the attention game so much.

Plus if you notice they only show on-screen physical affection by the hetero couples - no homo kissing on Channel 9!

But frankly, as they have to auction the places at the end, I'm not tipping anyone at this stage.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I know that they are woolly woofters. But cricky a tent in a house!!!

I think the Plumber guy and his wife (kylie and Paul) will make it happen the best, sure woof & poof might have the interior decorator touch but will they finish on time or have a big cat fight half way through.

You can keep up to date from here...

http://theblock.ninemsn.com.au/theblock/default.asp

Wish I'd know about it my wife & I would have revelled in something like this. Hardly a challenge.

Mr Ed

the bottom floor has termites - not fair to them

the top will be easier becuase of it I think.

I reckon it'll be between the gay couple and the short haired blond girl and her partner. She was the only girl who didn't squeal.

Jas

Was I the only one who shuddered as the gay guys hammered tent pegs into the timber floor??

Oh, what I'd give for a lovely timber floor!

Showing how intelligent the gay's were.....:eek:

A dome tent only needs pegs when outside for wind protection...... The frame holds the tent together otherwise!

They damaged that wood floor for no reason ! :rolleyes:

Lets see how smart the rest of what they do is.....

Originally posted by sbe
Showing how intelligent the gay's were.....:eek:

A dome tent only needs pegs when outside for wind protection...... The frame holds the tent together otherwise!

Sbe,

Not entirely true. To keep the floor flat & prevent the frame from warping, sticking in the pegs is a good idea.

Maybe they were planning to be moving around a lot in bed that night :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

When I heard about the series I thought about the owner who probably presented the idea to the station

ive got this run down block - what should I do with it....

I know... lets capitalise on this recent boom, renovate and sell at the top of the market....hrmmm now how to do this on the cheap

I know... let get a tv station to renovate them... you could even have a competition where each group gets a unit each and competes against the other renovations ....

This is gold.... a free reno, lots of publicity for the sale... what more could you ask for

:)

Back