Cash Jobs? What are the options?

'cash wages' around $7-$14 per hour depending on experience and the job.

Personally i would be looking at a business angle, how do we make 'miners' more happy, they have the income after all. Could be much more profitable, + you have the contact base.

got a mig, reeco? can you weld?

No unfortunately. You got some onsite work needing attention aaron? I do work with steel tho. On barrow im classed as a Rigger. If youve got a lazy tower crane lying around i can drive that for ya :) Can even install it too...with a little help.

Advanced scaffy, rigger & crane driver are my bread and butter. But love the odd broom pushing. Got any brooms that need a push?:cool:

Been awhile since i saw this. Good to watch it again. Purpose. Its what moves us.

Ill hit 200k if im not carefull this financial year. Even so. Id still work in a pub pushing beer. Ill leave the Volunteer work for another time. A time where i have alot more time on my hands. Say 50? So my position is that im certainly keen on the heart warming volunteer stuff. Im just not warm for it right now.

Looks like im heading to the pub!

Reeco, Any jobs going where you work? Your yearly salary is 2.5years work for me!

Here's a business idea for you. Get me some high paid work up there, I'll give you 20%.:p

20%. Standard labour hire profit margins are 20+

hmmm. A barrow island "labor hire consultancy firm" ....Sounds applicable. Weve got about 800 give or take, on the island now. Theres gonna be double that in about 6months. Maybe even triple.

When i was living in Sydney 3years ago, there were many adverts in the local rag for a DVD and seminar that described what one usually needed to get into the mining industry.

Alot of sydney folk were rather keen on legitimate info from someone in the know. Pretty sure it still goes on today.

If everyone is on 200k up there and you take 20%, that's increased your income by 20% and increased mine by 400%. Win win situation? :p

Last edited:
If everyone is on 200k up there and you take 20%, that's increased your income by 20% and increased mine by 400%. Win win situation? :p

Not everyone. But most are on 150K as an absolute minimum(Labourers) . The rest are inbetween that and 200K. "When" the Wheatstone project kicks off in about 2 or "so" years, there will be opportunities for ordinary folks to earn about 300K doin the same thing offshore. Which is F***-all.

As it stands i have to stop working for a month to ensure i dont creep past that magic mark of 180. Youd have to be silly to go to 200K in my mind.

Im on barrow island. Cant really do too much on the business angle side of things... Im open for ideas tho

Hey Reeco

Didnt quite make it to the rigs? I would not bother if you are earning near 200k for a rigger. Mate you can get me a job as I have my Advanced Rigging. I only pull in about 130k as a Dogman.

I fly out of barrow myself. Will be returning on Friday from the Ensco 7500.

Are you involved with the airport refurb?

Regards

Regrow

Hey Reeco

Didnt quite make it to the rigs? I would not bother if you are earning near 200k for a rigger. Mate you can get me a job as I have my Advanced Rigging. I only pull in about 130k as a Dogman.

Hey Regrow.

I did Plan to fly to the rigs using my spiffy new BOSIET ticket but couldnt quite make it. I did land nicely tho with Thiesis.

At a guess i believe the difference between you and i, is that i work 4+1. You surely only work half the year with a 2+2 or 3+3. Evens out in that regard. Gotta share a room to hit 200 aswell. If you didnt then you hit about 160-170.

You stay @ main camp? I see a few orange overalls every now a then at the mess. Neptune blokes and the rest.

Hey Regrow.

I did Plan to fly to the rigs using my spiffy new BOSIET ticket but couldnt quite make it. I did land nicely tho with Thiesis.

At a guess i believe the difference between you and i, is that i work 4+1. You surely only work half the year with a 2+2 or 3+3. Evens out in that regard. Gotta share a room to hit 200 aswell. If you didnt then you hit about 160-170.

You stay @ main camp? I see a few orange overalls every now a then at the mess. Neptune blokes and the rest.

Yeh Im on 3 on 3 off.

No dont get to stay over on Barrow, just a short time at the airport waiting for the plane :D or chopper :( depending on which way Im going. :cool:

Regards

Regrow

Hey Reeco

Are you involved with the airport refurb?

Regrow

The refurb at the airport is coming along nicely tho. Alot better looking then what it use to be im sure youd agree :) I fly out tomorrow aswell. Back to work...if you can call "sitting on your bum having a goss" work.

Good luck! Wish i had a cash job! LOL then i could save a lot more.

I think maybe you could do your own lawn mowing or gardening? I dont know its just an idea.

I am working a hour every afternoon at my old work to help with paperwork but i get taxed to earn that $40 seems a bit silly.

I am thinking maybe extra 100 a week saving cleaning? Admin? etc etc anything i just want to get ahead.

:p

hi
pubs
buy one
well not really just look for a group that buys them
you have a very high tax rate so you need to negative gear and you have cash flow which helps a group
this is where you should look
cash money is not that hard to find
whats hard to find is leverage
you need to change your thinking
think of a lever and a center fulcrum the closer or the further you move it the more leverage you get
the same with money
the more you put in the closer the fulrum is the less you put in the further it is away hence the higher leverage
miners, soccer player, doctors,
these are the people with leverage
and they can take tax losses
why they pay lots of tax
am I saying something wrong here
you want to pull beer in a pub when you could part own it and pour your own beer
I was at a pub the other day and I went round and pour a beer and the owner said I should ask the staff
I said here you pour it you own the place
well part own it
he laught and pour us both a beer
that the first beer he had poured and he had owned it for 5 years
for me think investing not think cash
invest in knowledge and use the time to build on this and the cash will come.
cash comes and goes but knowledge can't be replaced
so how do I get this knowledge
invest
how do I invest
?????
oh should I have put ....
and a few,,,
and

for those that can't read my posts

high incomes, lots of 'single guys' at least single whilst at the work place.
yes i can think of lots of angles, most not appropriate for a public site.

high incomes, lots of 'single guys' at least single whilst at the work place.
yes i can think of lots of angles, most not appropriate for a public site.

Like your style I.V ;) Ive been thinking about how to capitalise on all the money floating around here. Heck of alot more to come also! :eek: Still coming up short on the ideas front tho. care to share?

The taxi idea is legit also. A workmate ive found out today does such a thing... Also restauranting is a valid port of call it seems. A friend is opening a restaurant and stated that he and many restaurant owners pay in cash for taxman reasons.

They're all earning lots of money and paying tax.

Give them a tax reduction seminar... teach them about negative gearing houses lol :rolleyes:

Sorry Reeco, just to recap...you've got too much time on your hands and you work 4 weeks on and 1 week off?

1 week off doesn't sound like much; only about 10 weeks total per calendar year

1. Maybe start daytrading or just share market investing, spend all day watching the market (all night too if you play the US Market) and learn a lot about yourself re: emotions of Greed Vs Fear (i.e. some investor pyschology) :D

2. Or just do some more research (macro & micro) as to where to purchase your next Investment Property ;)

3. Spend more time on the forum

4. Do some courses related to your interests, heck even go down to Bunnings for the free courses and learn to lay tiles, build a deck etc etc, keeps you busy and you can value add to any IP's

Back