Burnett Heads, QLD

Anyone in the area, have any ideas at what phase in the property cycle Burnett Heads is in?
I know they have an IGA and a few other devs. planned. so looks good long term maybe??? However council seems to be focusing on Bagara at the moment.

D.

Is Burnett Heads on the coast? "Heads" makes it sound like it is, and if so, take a look at all the other coastline places that are booming and think back to what they were a few years ago. We all (statistically speaking anyway, MOST Australians) love living near the sea, so I tend to think of any beachfront property as a good investment for the future.

Hi D,

I recently purchased a block of 4 units on the esplanade at Elliott heads. Bargara is much more developed. One of the draw backs (and I guess one of the reasons you can still get relatively cheap waterfronts) is that elliott heads and I think burnett heads and some of the other coastal towns like innes park are on septic not sewerage. In years to come if & when sewerage comes in that could lift prices. I hear that these areas are becoming popular with people from the sunshine coast and the gold coast as prices have become too expensive there. Land prices have gone up considerably in the last few years but I believe they are still pretty affordable for what you are getting. I am hoping my waterfront will be worth over the million $ mark in years to come..

We looked at it many times having sailed into Bundy a bit over the year's.

Fair drive back into town though.

Great Marina, cheapest fuel on East Coast, but unfortunately no where to go on a boat once you go out through the lead's and for us, what's the point of living by the water if you can't go out on the boat for the day.

So unfortunately I can't see any Marina/ unit development taking off like Yepoon, Mackay etc.

BB

Back