Brimbank Gardens,Williams landing, or Caroline springs in Melbourne any experiences?

Brimbank Gardens,Williams landing,Wyndham Waters or Caroline springs in Melbourne any experiences?

I'm looking for a land to buy or just get a land and house package.
We are a young family with a 2 year old kid.
We are looking for something with good schools, kinder and close to the city or with good transport to train stations
Any recommendations and advices would be really appreciated.
Thanks in Advance

I recently bought a block of land in Arbour Boulevard, Burnside Heights... it's just near the edge of Caroline Springs, with Caroline Springs Square only 5mins away... several schools within 5mins drive, another several within 10mins drive. 30mins to the CBD.

606sqm of land cost me $151k back in April... house is still being constructed.

I've never been there myself personally though, so don't take my word as gospel.

I recently bought a block of land .........

I've never been there myself personally though, so don't take my word as gospel.

That is real scary!!!!

they say people spend more time inspecting a car they are thinking of buying than a house they buy!!

I hope you got an independent house and land valuation; lots of interstate investors are paying over the odds for their new house and land packages. ..

(though I have not seen it happen in Burnside Heights but plenty in Tarneit and Deer Park).

BTW, the land would be worth about $170k now.

cheers

RightValue

I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat and there's more than one way to do your due diligence of deciding where and how to invest... Personally, I don't need to physically go and see a piece of dirt that I'm going to construct a house on, or the area I'm going to buy in - by avoiding doing so, it helps me to remove the emotional factor in investing as the place I've bought is probably not somewhere that would appeal for me to live personally.... OTOH, if I was looking around St. Kilda beach at the likes at units, etc. I may have got too emotional about it and bought a place I would like to live for my desired lifestyle, but would not have necessarily made a good investment on my behalf.

I looked at properties nearby in Caroline Springs when I purchased and saw they were at $400k+... I've seen recent sales nearby in the area at $400k+ too... total package cost me $366k, an independent valuation of a practically identical house to mine on the same street by the same building company has come in at $415k

Guess I paid fair market value for my land when I bought it if it's up 13% in 7 months... hopefully the house is the goods too when it's constructed.

I actually decided to buy in Tarneit Gardens recently too... $360k for the package, 508 m2 land, 230sqm house 4 bed, 2 bath, double garage... well located being 100m from community centre & shops, primary & high school both within 150m and 10+ schools within 5km or less, 4 major shopping centres within 4km... busses pass by the estate, hoppers crossing train station 3.5km away, princess freeway 4km. Sounds Ok and like fair market value to me, but only time will tell I guess.

Bon thanks for the reply.
Whats the closest train station to Caroline Springs?
Thanks

I recently bought a block of land in Arbour Boulevard, Burnside Heights... it's just near the edge of Caroline Springs, with Caroline Springs Square only 5mins away... several schools within 5mins drive, another several within 10mins drive. 30mins to the CBD.

606sqm of land cost me $151k back in April... house is still being constructed.

Umm, not sure... St Albans or Albion maybe?

They are going to start building one in Caroline Springs in 2010...

That is real scary!!!!

they say people spend more time inspecting a car they are thinking of buying than a house they buy!!

I hope you got an independent house and land valuation; lots of interstate investors are paying over the odds for their new house and land packages. ..

(though I have not seen it happen in Burnside Heights but plenty in Tarneit and Deer Park).

BTW, the land would be worth about $170k now.

cheers

RightValue

When you say Deer Park, are you talking about Brimbank Gardens?

Not really Deer Park, Derrimut would be more accurate

Umm, not sure... St Albans or Albion maybe?

They are going to start building one in Caroline Springs in 2010...

Albion or Sydenham would be the nearest.

They are building a new train station in CS starting next yr but for the moment, there is a bus into the city. :)

When you say Deer Park, are you talking about Brimbank Gardens?

Not really Deer Park, Derrimut would be more accurate

No I am talking about Deer Park, Deer Park is Deer Park and Brimbank Gardens is an estate in Derrimut ....

Brimbank Gardens is south of Foleys Road, in Derrimut.

There are 2 developing estates in Deer park which is north of Foleys road (and south of the rail line), the St Andrews Estate being developed by Australand and marketed by Oliver Hume and the Cerntral Park estate being developed and marketed by Devine.

To my mind the best value is in the established part of Deer Park, north of the rail line.

I trust this helps.

RightValue

No I am talking about Deer Park, Deer Park is Deer Park and Brimbank Gardens is an estate in Derrimut ....

Brimbank Gardens is south of Foleys Road, in Derrimut.

There are 2 developing estates in Deer park which is north of Foleys road (and south of the rail line), the St Andrews Estate being developed by Australand and marketed by Oliver Hume and the Cerntral Park estate being developed and marketed by Devine.

To my mind the best value is in the established part of Deer Park, north of the rail line.

I trust this helps.

RightValue
ok you mean the Deer Park that wasn't there many years ago and right on the door step of derrimut

I agree with you that there is more value in the established part of Deer Park.

Having lived there for 32 years, I didnt even know that the area you speak of is Deer Park and a large number of residents in my area consider that area as derrimut

Thanks for clearing it up though

Will Will the properties in Caroline Springs value go up

Will the properties in Caroline Springs go up or do you think it will depreciate?
Any ideas?

Will the properties in Caroline Springs go up or do you think it will depreciate?
Any ideas?

Currently..

Under $320k is doing well, especially the under $260k market; mid $300k's is stalled, over $400k is comming back.

There is some good buying out there. A house that cost over $1m to build plus land sold for $656k... Overcapitalised properties offer good bang for your buck but will not attract the premium rentals, plus they will not grow in value.

On the whole the property prices in CS are soft while vacant land is rising .. go figure..

It is now probably cheaper to buy an established home than to buy land and build ..

This is pretty much the same for all of the outer West of Melbourne.

Sorry I can't predict the future for you, I can't even do it for myself!!!!!

Your investment, your decision.

cheers

RightValue

Currently..

There is some good buying out there. A house that cost over $1m to build plus land sold for $656k... Overcapitalised properties offer good bang for your buck but will not attract the premium rentals, plus they will not grow in value.

??????????????? where does this info come from ................. landlink !!!!!

Overcapitalised = valuers favourite word

??????????????? where does this info come from ................. landlink !!!!!

Overcapitalised = valuers favourite word

Info comes from two sales agencies, the selling agents and another one, plus a kerbside of the property and info to which I have access.

Yes overcapitalised is a favourite word of valuers, just like owenrs expecting that cost equals value....

cheers

RightValue

What questions to ask when getting a loan

This is the first time i'm getting a loan(mortgage)
Looking for any tips or guides.
Also any ideas what bank has the best rate?
What do i need to know and ask
Thanks

Back