Blinds

Im looking to get some new blinds installed in the granny flat being built. Does anyone have someone they can recommend?

Place is located in the parramatta region.

Thanks.

We have used Sydney Blinds Prospect for our personal property. They were well priced and have had no problems providing some parts that we lost at no cost.

However, we have brought several blinds at both Bunnings and Ikea for the investments.

Hi,
We just had blinds installed by Blinds Plus in Castle Hill. They were significantly cheaper than the other quotes we had, cause we used stock fabric. The installers came on time and although they had some challenges with one blind, they came back 2x more to fix up the problem, again always on time.
My friend had blinds installed last year by Accent Blinds........ and they had to do 3 complete replacements over a period of close to a year because they couldn't get the sizing and fittings correct and the ones that they had frayed and got damaged within a month or so. They took months to do follow up visits, and never came with the right products/ fittings etc. It took a visit to Consumer Tribunal to get them to finally fix the problem.
cheers
Pen

Thanks for the info!

Im trying to stay away from the big brand name ones. Seems to me that too much money is wasted on advertising for them to have any real bargains.

ChilliBlue, how do you rate the quality of the blinds installed by Sydney Blinds?

Any fraying on the edges?

I got a quote from the guy who installed the blinds in the rental property im at. Its not even a month and ive noticed some fraying, it seems the blinds were not cut very well.

Mine have been in for just over 5 years and none have frayed.

We have a mixture of the coated and non coated in a neutral off white.

With two young children, we have lost a few bits and pieces. Thankfully when we have contacted them on 3 occassions they have mailed out the parts at no cost.

The original cost was well below what others in the market were asking.

Hope this helps.

We have used Sydney blinds multiple times. We only install verticals or venetian blinds.

We install ourselves, so we simply measure and then I get quotes over the phone. Just about every time Sydney Blinds have beaten everybody else.

As far as quality goes I can't see any difference in the mechanism or blades used for the verticals between their verticals and other suppliers verticals. The only difference we have found is with the weights at the bottom of the blades where we requested enclosed weights but they came with only slip ins.

About to get on the phone to arrange for another 6 set of blinds and will be including them in my mini tender. Obviously I will again include Sydney Blinds.

Cheers

Thanks for the info.

I've called Sydney Blinds and they seem quite reasonable, only downside is that they wont come out for a measure until 2 weeks later :(

And it will take another 2-3 weeks before its installed.

Thanks for the info.

I've called Sydney Blinds and they seem quite reasonable, only downside is that they wont come out for a measure until 2 weeks later :(

And it will take another 2-3 weeks before its installed.

Like Handy said above measure yourself (inside frames) and you will not only get them cheaper but probably faster. I know a few renovators who use them consistently as they're reasonably priced and reliable. Best of luck.

Like Handy said above measure yourself (inside frames) and you will not only get them cheaper but probably faster. I know a few renovators who use them consistently as they're reasonably priced and reliable. Best of luck.

I've never installed blinds before, but it does appear to be relatively easy.

1. Screw the bracket in.
2. Hand the verticals
3. Screw the cord holder thingy so that its not flying around loosely.

Is that all there is to it? Or is thing something ive missed?

That said, Sydney Blinds have said its not covered under warranty if I do this etc. What kind of warranty would I be voiding?

Keep in mind not all windows are "square" so if it was left up to me, I would wait.

The warranty would be that the blinds fit within the window cavity, etc.

Is there a need to get the work done asap?

Keep in mind not all windows are "square" so if it was left up to me, I would wait.

The warranty would be that the blinds fit within the window cavity, etc.

Is there a need to get the work done asap?

What do you mean by its not all "Square"

There is actually a need to get the work done ASAP.

The granny flat is pretty much complete but because I dont have blinds in, the agent is reluctant to rent it.

Cant say i disagree with him, being a street level house, I personally wouldnt like the idea of someone looking into my window while I sleep or get changed and wont not move in until blinds are installed.

Each diaginal may not be the same as the other. Builders rarely build straight lines and that includes windows.

Why not call Sydney Blinds, tell them you were recommended by several people posting on this forum and see if that gives them a gee up.

.....but because I dont have blinds in, the agent is reluctant to rent it.
The agent speaks with forked tongue. You can rent it with the promise of new blinds in 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

.......I personally wouldnt like the idea of someone looking into my window while I sleep or get changed ......
Meh...you are too self-conscious. You need to relax and enjoy what God gave you :p

Alternatively, pin up some sheets like everyone else who moves into a new house and fogets to order the blinds until it's too late.:rolleyes:

I picked up the blinds from Sydney Blinds and installed them myself today!

They look awesome and I was surprised at how easy vertical blinds are to install. Screw in two clips then clip the railing on, then clip the verticals on.

The only complaint is that the person filling out my order stuffed up.

I had one window that had a 940mm drop, but the salesperson deducted 120mm and wrote 820mm, when he should have deducted 12mm and wrote 928mm.

Now i gotta call them on Monday and see if they can fix it. It just so happens its the kitchen window, so people can still see through the house from the street. :(

I picked up the blinds from Sydney Blinds and installed them myself today!

They look awesome and I was surprised at how easy vertical blinds are to install. Screw in two clips then clip the railing on, then clip the verticals on.

The only complaint is that the person filling out my order stuffed up.

I had one window that had a 940mm drop, but the salesperson deducted 120mm and wrote 820mm, when he should have deducted 12mm and wrote 928mm.

Now i gotta call them on Monday and see if they can fix it. It just so happens its the kitchen window, so people can still see through the house from the street. :(

Hey Nek,

Did you end up measuring them yourself to?

How much did they shave off the price if you did?

And how much did you save from installing them yourself?

Cheers
Daniel

The final cost came to $808 with what I think they deem as "Category 4" and with 100mm slats as opposed to 127mm.

100mm look much better than 127mm in my opinion, I would only get 127mm if I got really deep window sills.

If I had to get them installed, i think the cost would have been around $1,078.

Yea i measured them myself. I used the builders laser measuring tool which was much easier and more accurate.

But the issue wasnt cost, it was timing, 3-4 weeks from date of call vs 1 week.

It took me a while with the first one, figuring out where the measure from, but once the first one was done, I flew through the rest of them. 7 blinds took about 2 hours.

It also helps if you have someone who can help you hold up the rail when you're trying to clip it in.

If you're trying to do it yourself, remember to ask them for screws, they didnt supply me, but by the time I realised i couldnt be bothered going back and bought some from bunnings.

I used 8Gx30mm for the window frames and for the door I used 10Gx40mm.

Nek

Go to spotlight, parramatta road, auburn.

It is cheap, by one first and if u r succesful in installing it. then buy more.

On the other hand you may buy what u need and return the unpacked blinds if u failed to install it

or go to spotlight website!

t

Back