Best way to build an older style house

I have an IP on the NSW coast on a level 820m2 block that im attempting to do a dual occ with by building a house at the rear of the current dwelling.

My question is what would be the best way to build a house of a similar style to the original house pictured below which is made from hardy planks . Im looking at building something about 100m2 to the rear of the property which has about 5 meters side access. I want to spend around the $100k mark on this but will need a builder to do the work as i live about 2 hours from where the IP is.

I have thought about a kit home as i have seen some similar styles to what i have now but have heard they will work out more than a project built brick veneer house. Any ideas?

http://i.imagehost.org/0503/house_pic.jpg

Lightweight construction way to go

The biggest killer for building costs can be the labour, so anything to reduce this is a saving.
James Hardie have some brilliant products such as their Scyon range, these panels are very quick to install and look great,
We also use Colourbond for external cladding. same thing, looks great on the right type of house, and is quick to install.

There are many awesome products on the market, and is not difficult to design and find the right solution for you!

good luck with the project,

Back