BayView

With respect to Bayview, we have had other members walk out of sight. Almostbob and Kathryn d haven't been here since December- though perhaps Kathryn was upset with some reactions to her posts- some of them my own.

BV sudden departure didn't coincide with any forum issues that I/?we were aware of which made me think there may have been some sort of personal crisis he had to deal with, unlike the others. That was my concern.

I also don't think we need to know all that goes on in his personal life, or anyone else's for that matter, let alone expect some sort of explanation.

He seemed a nice, down to earth, honest sort of guy. Hope to see him back some time.

We all go AWOL sometimes.

Personally need busy with farm life and now working in a office very day so mostly using the net to look up "how to sharpen a chainsaw" and "killing and breaking down your own lamb". Then the doing of the above takes time, lambs especially.

Peter 14.7:)

Bayview was a character, head strong, old school, my way or the highway sort of fella.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's probably just gone overseas or something. Will have a great laugh and be a bit embarrassed when he checks in again.

Funniest thing I remember about bayview was when he said once years ago that he was gunna vote for the greens at some election. I got stuck into him, told him to wake up to himself and told him that after Dazz he'd be the last person I'd think would do that. He then agreed with me and changed his mind.

You can tell he's not a green voter. As such lovely and well intentioned people that they are and all.

See ya's.

With respect to Bayview, we have had other members walk out of sight. Almostbob and Kathryn d haven't been here since December- though perhaps Kathryn was upset with some reactions to her posts- some of them my own.

I must say I have not missed her presence in the slightest

I must say I have not missed her presence in the slightest
It's a pity you see things that way. There's many people we disagree with on some points of view- but we can learn things from anybody.

Kathryn and Bob were living the dream, which is what many people here aspire to. While some opinions went against the opinions of many, they achieved virtual independence in a different way than most, and as such have given the forum something very positive.

There's many people I will disagree with on some things- like yourself right now. That doesn't diminish my view of them as people.

It's a pity you see things that way. There's many people we disagree with on some points of view- but we can learn things from anybody.

Kathryn and Bob were living the dream, which is what many people here aspire to. While some opinions went against the opinions of many, they achieved virtual independence in a different way than most, and as such have given the forum something very positive.

There's many people I will disagree with on some things- like yourself right now. That doesn't diminish my view of them as people.

Kathryn was anti immigrants despite being an immigrant herself, still advocated the white Australia policy, was a proud, self proclaimed redneck and in many instances spread hateful views. Are you genuinely surprised I, a non white immigrant didn't like her?

There are plenty of other successful people our there for me to admire/learn from

Given that she told me my relationship was worthless because we weren't married I can't say I hold much fondness in my heart.

Bob was ok. Good fun to argue with.

I agree with Sanj and Ideo on their views- I also disagreed with a lot of views and found some views objectionable.

But where would we be without a range of views?

Their way of getting places in the IP world was different from what many had done. Many of the ways they did things could not have been done in Australia. I didn't even agree with some of the ways they treated tenants. But by contributing here, they showed a different way to the same end many of us aspire to.

I don't like denigrating a person for views with different views to mine. However, I have been, in private correspondence, denigrated as a person because of my own views. That's a sad state of affairs.

But by contributing here, they showed a different way to the same end.

I disagreed with a lot of what she said, and generally disliked her attitude to people and money. Her racism and disloyalty was offesive.

However, her ability to not spend any money (while imo was sad) was also impressive. It shows just how little you can live off if you choose to/need to.

If nothing else she showed to me what I dont want to be or become.

I agreed with kathryn d more than disagreed. As to her supposed racism and dislike of immigration? I thought it was more to do with population growth? Her thoughts were exactly the same as mine. With 80 million more people in the world each and every year, the world is headed for a lot of misery. So why do western countries who have population growth under control, be expected to take the excess? It will just be a race to the bottom.

I admired her frugalism. Even though I have no intention to follow.

I have no views about homosexuality. They can do as they please, if they want to marry, then so be it, so I disagreed with her about that. I think homosexuality is totally normal and those who are homosexual are born like it and that's how it is so we should treat them as anyone else. Once I bought a $3,000 bull, and the only thing it mounted in 6 months was the other old bull. It's definitely normal. [and I got a refund when I took him back].

I disagreed with her economically.
http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1110175
This thread also has a lot of BV posts on it.

Overall they [Bob too] were a great asset to the forum and I hope they continue to contribute.

See ya's.

Last edited:
You can remember her through rose tinted lenses if you like, she was completely anti immigration and pro the white Australia policy. It was everything to do with racism

Back