Are you buying shares

Arrgh....dead cats and falling knives....this share trading stuff sure is creepy! not to forget poison pills....

The question is do I hold more $ in my offset or buy 5k of shares.

Not sure how much to keep in my bank for safety sometimes

There should be enough cash to cater for an absolute worst case situation. This might be a correction in shares or property, one or more properties having no tenants, rent income going down, interest going up, unexpectedly needing a new car, or similar. During the GFC I was sorely stretched but had just enough cash to manage. Since then I have increased my cash reserves significantly. Sure, I've missed out on some investments, but it's easier to relax.

A financial stress test assists.

Arrgh....dead cats and falling knives....this share trading stuff sure is creepy! not to forget poison pills....

People swimming naked when the tide goes out, nosebleeds, pulling triggers, bears in bull clothing, bottom pickers, Pigs getting slaughtered

And fat fingers, apparently a traders nightmare to get those

There should be enough cash to cater for an absolute worst case situation.

A financial stress test assists.

Now what about the absolute catostophic situation where a large meteorite smahes Earth into a million pieces. Here am I on my small lot floating in space and my bank is another lot a few hundred metres away.

How is he gonna get to me and repossess my house which obviously is in default? Obviously I'll be giving the bank the bird lol.

What a fascinating collection of market images. These were all known to me but I'd never considered them together. If a large meteorite smashes Earth into a million pieces then you should endeavour to be on a a larger piece. If your home is destroyed then remedies exist via your insurer. If the property is a rental then landlord's insurance applies. Another option is to consider the meteorite as a way of subdividing. Building permits will be needed.

medibank private ipo. Going to throw in $50k next week. Hopefully I'll be allocated a good proportion. Intending to flip on 1st couple of days of trading and enjoy the profits.

Currently my portfolio is in negative but luckily I've got Suncorp and Sydney Airport filling in some of the gaps........ they are all performing at its peak now and I can only see them climb higher :cool:

But all my resources specially Lynas & Peak is a complete shocker.......:( I wish I was a bit more intelligent back than when I purchase them........

Back