Are Car dealers doing it tough, New Commodore waggon

I have a SV6 Sedan 9months old that I would normally change over in January.

I have just bought my boys a Labrador pup that is ripping the Poo out of the rear seat.

Looking to go against the grain and upgrade NOW to a Commodore SV6 Wagon that have just been released. Anyone out there got any idea how good a deal one can negotiate at present. Visited my normal dealer today. Half the staff are either off or gone and I asked if it was still Slow. He replied NO it is DEAD!

I have a $3k rebate built up on my Holden Mastercard so that certainly softens the blow.

Any opinions
Thanks

Gee Cee
Greg

I have a SV6 Sedan 9months old that I would normally change over in January.

I have just bought my boys a Labrador pup that is ripping the Poo out of the rear seat.

Looking to go against the grain and upgrade NOW to a Commodore SV6 Wagon that have just been released. Anyone out there got any idea how good a deal one can negotiate at present. Visited my normal dealer today. Half the staff are either off or gone and I asked if it was still Slow. He replied NO it is DEAD!

I have a $3k rebate built up on my Holden Mastercard so that certainly softens the blow.

Any opinions
Thanks

Gee Cee
Greg

What about a seat cover?

A lab you say, oh! bringing back nightmares all ready, good luck! but keep the credit card for a new lounge, tv remote, cloths, shoes, pillows, need i say more!!!!

The last 5 years has been amazing for new car dealers. Just like resources it's been a boom. On the other side, used car dealers have been struggling.

The tides are now turning though.

TOPIC UNRELEATED: twobobsworth, did you know they are a making a MONKEY movie? Unfortunately it appears that it might be animated though :(

2 of my brothers sell cars, 1 is the sales manager at Phil Gilbert Toyota (largest toyota dealer in Aus) , the other a salesman at Truscotts toyota (owned by Phil Gilbert) and both are saying their sales are still increasing. But then toyota has been taking more and more sales from holden and ford for a few years now.

Try lab attached to $200 jeans both swinging off the clothesline. Not surprised Japs are taking clientele(?) off Ford. I have a 8 yo Celica as good as new, never had a thing go wrong. SIL has a 4 yo (both bough new) l1ton ute that is falling apart and now requires a new gearbox

Try lab attached to $200 jeans both swinging off the clothesline. Not surprised Japs are taking clientele(?) off Ford. I have a 8 yo Celica as good as new, never had a thing go wrong. SIL has a 4 yo (both bough new) l1ton ute that is falling apart and now requires a new gearbox

$200 for a pair of jeans??? :eek:

$200 for a pair of jeans??? :eek:

Excactly!!
Made in China for $10 with a $90 label attached which then retails for $200 to retail junkies.
An my ratios are out of whack too... the mark up for retail will definitely be well in excess of 100%

Like buying a new car, you'd be too scared to park it anywhere in case it gets scratched.

$200 for a pair of jeans... park them in the top draw so they don't get worn out and tell all your friends you have a pair ( over lattes' at the cafe strip)

kp

I went into a Toyota dealer the other day, thinking I might consider a new car. I have a low kms 1992 Camry wide-body wagon.

Shock, horror, they don't make widebody any more! :eek:
Even worse, they are not going to make any wagon models anymore either.
What is the world coming to?

I like the extra wide, long Camry to fit the occasional bit of ply or board in.
If you lay down the back seats, it will even fit a good sized fridge laying down.

Options were a sedan (pooey), or a Rav4 (not enough leg room for my grasshopper hubby and kids), or a Prado (a big gas guzzling 4wd).

I am now keeping my Camry wagon as it seems it has become somewhat of a collectors item. :)

Hey Brenda GET A HOLDEN CARD

With all the expenses on all those properties!

Get a Holden Card. Run everything through the card.

You get a rebate of $10 per $100 spent. Up to $ 3k. towards a new Commodore.

Run fuel, food , insurance, Bunnings etc, etc on the Holden Card >>>>$$$

I do it every yr.

Mid January negotiate best deal for last yr run outs.

Purchase & get a $3k rebate off the new car .

Brenda I can see you driving a New Commodore Waggon every 12 mths.

Should fit the Plywood in:D

Put the changeover on the Holden Card.

Build up Ready for another purchase next January. Do not even worry about services etc.
Gee Cee:D

Want an economical car?

I heard from someone at Holden that they are soon to bring out a dedicated LPG commodore, to go head to head with Ford in that category.
It will be a high tech injected (?) system which has minimal loss of power and km/litre over the petrol version.

Or just buy an E-gas Falcon. Great, reliable car. Some taxis run them to 1 million plus kms.

if car dealers were farmers they would be getting subsidies and interest free loans by now!

speaking of which... i see they are looking at tweaking the luxury car tax such that farmers are exempt. bless em - need a bit of german leather under the overalls after a long day

if car dealers were farmers they would be getting subsidies and interest free loans by now!

speaking of which... i see they are looking at tweaking the luxury car tax such that farmers are exempt. bless em - need a bit of german leather under the overalls after a long day

What subsidies is that Ausprop? Would you care to list them here, so I can find out what I'm missing out on? Australian agriculture is not subsidised except for drought assistance, and those farmers aren't producing anyway.

As for interest rate subsidies, farmers on drought assistance can get those. I think they are a rort. If a farmer can't get a loan from the bank, then the bank must believe he is unviable, so he should leave the industry in that case. Now would be a good time for a lot of unviable farmers to leave, with the recent great increase in land prices. You should whinge to your local member about it then. It is not right for farmers to be getting a hand out to be able to hold onto a land asset that appreciates at 7% plus compound per year.

See ya's.

TOPIC UNRELEATED: twobobsworth, did you know they are a making a MONKEY movie? Unfortunately it appears that it might be animated though :(

What a shame to animate it! a lot of the appeal of monkey is the poor acting....

born from an egg on a mountain top....

Back