Anyone purchase a Ryder report?

I think there are a few versions but curious if forumites have purchased a report and what their view is. Some simplified hot spot lists have recently hit the papers here (Sunday Mail- a very worthy tome!) in Qld. We (Bargara) got a mention.

Ethann, which report did you buy ?

I purchased the one that covered Brisbane. It was about 70 pages long and I found that I needed to read it a couple of times as there is a lot of information in there.

Neither Terry nor anyone else has a crystal ball. He freely admits that not every suburb identifies will boom. But he goes into great detail about why he selects a suburb so you can see if you agree or disagree with what he says.

Yes, you could do all the research yourself and after reading a report you'll have a good idea of the sort of things to look for if you want to do it yourself. But to be honest, at this stage in my life I don't have the time to do all that research - reading council plans, infrastructure plans etc.

And here's a tip. If you're going to purchase a report consider emailing Terry and asking when the next update will be so that you avoid purchasing a report one day and having an updated one come out the next week.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

And here's a tip. If you're going to purchase a report consider emailing Terry and asking when the next update will be so that you avoid purchasing a report one day and having an updated one come out the next week.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks Ethann, it may be the best $70 one can spend. This is a very good advise as well.

I won't list the suburbs included in the report but I can tell you that it featured 12 hotspots and included a mixture of suburbs from (roughly) Brisbane(5), Gold Coast(4) , Sunshine coast(1) and regional Queensland (2). One or two of the suburbs would be considered "blue chip" but others certainly not.

hth

Back