Anyone know what theses are ??

I'm looking at purchasing a house, and no one can answer what these covers are for out on the nature strip, the easement is at the rear.

I have attached two pictures and i have gone to dial before you dig.

Any help would be appreciated, the house is in Melbourne.

I have also contacted the council with no answers from them either.

Attachments

• 42 Deakin St .jpg
    42 Deakin St .jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 267
  • 42 Deakin St -2.jpg
    42 Deakin St -2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 210
I'd guess Telstra

The neighbours will be able to tell you, they will have seen people wearing fluoro vests in the hole under the covers and badged vans parked alongside

We have something similar outside our house and the last time I had a land line serviced the gentleman spent a lot of time in the pit

Hope this helps

^ ^ ^ what she said. I was a Telstra tech (actually PMG which then became Telecom before I left) for 7 years.

Geez Propertunity Post Master General how OLD are you ! :D

Did they have 000 for emergencies back then, or did you have to call the local hospital, volunteer fire brigade or whallopers direct?

Geez Propertunity Post Master General how OLD are you ! :D
I told you I was old.....but no-one believes me - not even when they meet me! :p

Did they have 000 for emergencies back then, or did you have to call the local hospital, volunteer fire brigade or whallopers direct?
Nope, you cranked the handle on the magneto phone and waited for Betty on the switchboard to answer and put you through ;) Of course being a party line, Betty would have to get the other people on the same line to hang up first.

Attachments

• MagnetoPhone.jpg
    MagnetoPhone.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 65
They look like telecommunication pits to me. Metal covers are either sewer, water or phone (the first two have the obvious labels on the pit cover though).

Anyone know what theses are?

From Wikepedia:

"Major papers presented as the final project for a master's degree are normally called theses; and major papers presenting the student's research towards a doctoral degree are called theses or dissertations."

From Wikepedia:

"Major papers presented as the final project for a master's degree are normally called theses; and major papers presenting the student's research towards a doctoral degree are called theses or dissertations."

C'mon Knightm it could be Jar Jar binks, I can imagine a theses squeezed in there

Ex-squeeze me, Mesa cause-ed mabee one or twoy lettal bitty axadentes … yud-say boom da gasser, den crash Der Bosses heyblibber … den banished

Back