Any somersoftians buy this?

I doubt it. Does it even qualify for R40? I didn't think it did.

There are some conditions set by Bassendean council including at least two street facing if you build a triplex and a few others that I forget. Perhaps someone with more knowledge will chip in.

It ended up going for $507, 500. But it seems to have a plot ratio of 0.6 which would make it completely unusable for any development??!?!?!

ThE requirement for higher zoning is to have street frontage. That will most likely change when new zoning changes to allow more blocks to be developed. I've heard some people on Broadway are allowed to use the lane ways for driveways. Maybe that is one? There is apartments going up On the corner of Ida street and Walter road. I wonder what size block that is, will take a look.
Being so close to rail it's likely to have a much higher zoning when rezoned. Will take a look at that also!!

ThE requirement for higher zoning is to have street frontage. That will most likely change when new zoning changes to allow more blocks to be developed. I've heard some people on Broadway are allowed to use the lane ways for driveways. Maybe that is one? There is apartments going up On the corner of Ida street and Walter road. I wonder what size block that is, will take a look.
Being so close to rail it's likely to have a much higher zoning when rezoned. Will take a look at that also!!

It's to have street frontage that is adequate as per the council, so it's a little wishy washy IMO.

This one has dual street frontage, so wouldn't need the use of a laneway, and i don't think it has one.

The problem is, how long can you sit waiting for zoning to change!?! The plot ratio is what surprises me. It's a perfect location for apartments.

Yes that's in the high rezoning area within 400m of rai. I can't remember off the top of my head but R80 or R100 rezoning I'm pretty sure.

Yes that's in the high rezoning area within 400m of rai. I can't remember off the top of my head but R80 or R100 rezoning I'm pretty sure.

Yes, but how long will it take :) The council is letting lots of apartments go through on the other side of the rail, but there doesn't seem to be much development of the non river side of the rail.

Yes, but how long will it take :) The council is letting lots of apartments go through on the other side of the rail, but there doesn't seem to be much development of the non river side of the rail.
There is quite a bit coming up in neighbouring suburbs Eden Hill and Kiara.

I've Heard from a friend that in Eden Hill there is going to be apartments. I couldn't find any info on it. Maybe it is part of the commercial part on this map? I was thinking there was new shops going in also but haven't found any recent confirmation. I'm thinking i got that idea from reading council Minutes a long time ago. It may be worth researching further. Some info here - http://www.bassendean.wa.gov.au/7_info_feedback/briefings/no88-Aug2012/Briefings88_Oct-Nov2012.pdf

Kiara has a proposal for small lot housing and a Catholic High School. Considering 32% of residents in Kiara are Catholic and Chisolm has a long waiting list I'm sure that concept will be popular. School is proposed beside these lots on pic attached.

Attachments

• cnr Morley Drive, Kiara.png
    cnr Morley Drive, Kiara.png
    313.1 KB · Views: 46
So what would the apartments sell for???
Last time I looked at Bassendean for development some time ago now, just did not stack up, end value not high enough, also that damn clay issue, could tack on an additional $30K per villas.
This one sold for $590K, large land component, but does not state zoning?? same street, other side.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-bassendean-116070115

Also, I can not imagine apartments in Eden Hill??

So what would the apartments sell for???
Last time I looked at Bassendean for development some time ago now, just did not stack up, end value not high enough, also that damn clay issue, could tack on an additional $30K per villas.
This one sold for $590K, large land component, but does not state zoning?? same street, other side.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-bassendean-116070115

Also, I can not imagine apartments in Eden Hill??
That basso property is within 800m of rail which is suitable for medium density development when zoning goes through. I find Basso maps confusing - I had it all worked out when iwas looking there but but can't remember now. Proposed R40 off the top of my head but here is link! http://www.bassendean.wa.gov.au/7_info_feedback/briefings/no84-Jan2012/84_page4.htm
No clay in that area.
I'll see if my friend can send me links re: Eden Hill. I'm finding it a bit hard to believe also and I couldn't find anything.

Thanks Invstor, R40 is good considering what WA Planning have on the agenda.

I suppose apartments are going up everywhere, certainly no oversupply YET in Eden Hill. I don't see it working though cos land value is relatively low. Apartments work well when you have a high land value, ie inner city etc.

Oh well, what do I know, they are building apartments in Spearwood, never saw that one coming...:)

Last edited:
Back