advertising space on side of apartment?

Hey everyone, i have bought a unit thats on a major highway, above a shop, that has allot of exposure. I was wondering if anyone has tried selling advertising space from there apartments/ buildings? already there is a sign advertising a company, that used to work from down bellow before they re-located. Its old now so i was thinking about painting over it, but had the idea of selling the advertising space to help earn some extra beer money ;)

thanks for any input.

Its not your space to let:(

Unfortunately it would be common property and as such its for the body corporate (which your part of) to lease out if they so desired. As such its not unheard of and in fact defrayes some of the levies if you get a decent return.

Check out all the phone towers on top of buildings they are all paying rent to the BC of the respective building. A standard lease for one of these was worth about $30-40k.

Cheers

Like HA has stated - if you want a second opinion - he's right. It's not your space to let; it belongs to the body corporate.

Good lateral thinking, though. ;)

Check with the local council first.

A lot have regulations (and consequently fees) for signage to prevent "visual pollution".

Then, as already said, the BC would have to become involved as the exterior wall is not your property.
Marg

I like the lateral way you think.

It would be a good idea to float to the BC committe as the income will help keep your BC fees down.

cheers

RightValue

Back