Helen Collier Kogtevs REAL WEALH AUSTRALIA mentoring program.. anyone?

I am a newbie investor with one IP, and I've read quite a few books and read API. I have read and heard some good things about Helen collier's mentoring program and I am really interested to hear from anyone who did the program if they believe it is worth it? I dont want to spend hard earned money to realise its all hype.

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Sam

I am a newbie investor with one IP, and I've read quite a few books and read API. I have read and heard some good things about Helen collier's mentoring program and I am really interested to hear from anyone who did the program if they believe it is worth it? I dont want to spend hard earned money to realise its all hype.

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Sam

Hi I am also interested in your query. If there is anyone out there could you please respond if you have some valuable information.

Regards
Jason

Hi Sam and Jason,

I'm starting out myself too. Personally I ran into Custodian Wealth Builders and was considering the same thing. Helen Collier basically they sound like they do the same sort of thing as Custodians. I decided not to go with them. Why? Because of this golden advice I found on this site:

If you are really concerned about your own ability to pick good deals, consider whether you have the ability to pick a good deal adviser....

I think this would apply to mentor programs as well.

Unfortunately I can not remember where I read this or who said it but I found it to be golden advice. So I have done an injustice but not remembering who said it. :eek:

I'm now out finding my own property but I am keeping to properties that I believe will be easy to manage. Best to keep it simple for the first property.

Of course this is just my personal opinion and given my lack of experience I may not be the best person to advice you.

Best Regards
Dean

I've got no direct experience with this particular company, but have had a little scout around their website. I've downloaded their 'free' booklet on how to purchase 10 properties within 10 yrs. (Haven't read it yet, but will).

Seems for a cost, they are providing investors with basic strategies for building a portfolio of residential properties over time. Although, highly effective, the techniques are not earth shattering by any means, and have been explained by many investment authors.

It is possible to get the same information by reading Jan Somer's books, or a more updated book called 'The Property Puzzle' by Stuart Wemyss. Some of the books promoted by Helen seem a little involved? ie 47 mistakes to avoid when buying - is this making things overly complicated? (I don't know as I haven't read her books, but just a thought??)

Also, do some reading on the forum - lots of the investors on here have achieved amazing things and will give you tips for free! :D

Regards Jason.

I have seen some of the results of her mentoring programme and been very impressed. If I was to select a single mentor at this stage, it would be her.

The only points I would take her to task on and not include in my own strategy, would be her thoughts on balancing negative geared properties with positive geared properties. If you can find positive geared properties that are great investments, with high growth, why bother with the negative geared ones at all, they just drag you down.

I have never bought a mentoring program myself, many will tell you they are a waste of money, as you could find most of the information they give on interwebs And sites like this one.

I assume it is like the current fad of personal trainers. If you have the well power and self belief that you can get fit on your own, then the services well be a waste of money. However, If you think you need someone to keep you on the straight and narrow and encourage you along, then it would be money well spent. finally if you think they are going to give you the golden "get rich over night"strategy then you will probably be disappointed.

The only points I would take her to task on and not include in my own strategy, would be her thoughts on balancing negative geared properties with positive geared properties. If you can find positive geared properties that are great investments, with high growth, why bother with the negative geared ones at all, they just drag you down.

Now that is a very good point...

Back on topic, I am yet to find any "secrets" from any of these authors / programs that I haven't already been able to find openly discussed on this forum. Plunder the archives - it's worth it!

I have seen some of the results of her mentoring programme and been very impressed. If I was to select a single mentor at this stage, it would be her.

Now that is a very good point...

Back on topic, I am yet to find any "secrets" from any of these authors / programs that I haven't already been able to find openly discussed on this forum. Plunder the archives - it's worth it!
Helen spoke at one of the Perth meetings (WAIP) a few years ago. I may have briefly updated how the night went under 'Meeting Point'. If I remember right a couple of her puchases were a new executive unit in East Perth when the market was really slow bought at a great price (it could have been the last unit from developer or a display home) and a few old houses in Queensland in a mining area before it was common knowledge. (Possilby Mooranbah??)

Yes, she has been active in Moranbah, including doing developments there. Made a killing with great cashflow, as did some of her students.

Yes, she has been active in Moranbah, including doing developments there. Made a killing with great cashflow, as did some of her students.

Where :confused:

Attachments

• Moranbah.JPG
    Moranbah.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 723
Personally I ran into Custodian Wealth Builders and was considering the same thing. Helen Collier basically they sound like they do the same sort of thing as Custodians.
Biggest problem I have is the 'Trust'. It is the feeling 'Am I taken for a ride here' is so hard to avoid.
What is your opinion about them?

they are providing investors with basic strategies for building a portfolio of residential properties over time. Although, highly effective, the techniques are not earth shattering by any means, and have been explained by many investment authors.
To be honest I would take that as positive and less riskier :)

I will let you guys know how her advice is in a year or so. I am some complimentary advice from her group.

She has some good points, such as good budgetting. Her points on positive cashflow are good for some. Personally I do not feel comfortable with buying in mining towns to balance up my portolio with cash flow positive. Too risky for me.

Hi Everyone,

I have done Helen's mentoring program.

I found them to have high integrity and really cared for their mentoring students. I took the mentoring bc I knew nothing about investing in mining towns, how to research them, what to look for, what to avoid etc and was curious. I try not to be closed minded to things I do not understand and her students were making so much money, I figured they obviously knew something that I didn't when it came to mining towns. (that was where they were mostly investing). I got what I needed as far as the mining town education I was after and the rest of the education is what I have taught in my own programs, but that was OK with me bc you can't expect to get brand new content 100% of the time.

Her strategies (as suggested) are very simple, there is nothing fancy, however, that does not devalue the education, it is just her preferred way and with the cash flow she makes from her mining town investments, there is little need for her to do anything fancy. (KISS can work excpetionally well - things don't have to be complicated to work).

The course material was good. Her staff were very helpful and they really go out of their way to support their mentoring students.

There is enough foundational education that a new investor would still benefit.

Like others have said, everything anyone could ever need is on this forum, however, if someone is feeling lost or not taking action because of fear or lack of information, then I think investing in an education has a lot of benefits.
(opportunities to meet like minded people, potential JV partners, sharing of resources at reduced prices, access to resources or information you didn't know existed)

I do not have any affiliation with the company aside from going to learn about mining towns (Just in case anyone is wondering :) :) :)

To end - I think they are one of the good guys, if you were considering anyone I would leave these guys on your list.

Regards Lisa

Hi Everyone,

I have done Helen's mentoring program.

I found them to have high integrity and really cared for their mentoring students. I took the mentoring bc I knew nothing about investing in mining towns, how to research them, what to look for, what to avoid etc and was curious. I try not to be closed minded to things I do not understand and her students were making so much money, I figured they obviously knew something that I didn't when it came to mining towns. (that was where they were mostly investing). I got what I needed as far as the mining town education I was after and the rest of the education is what I have taught in my own programs, but that was OK with me bc you can't expect to get brand new content 100% of the time.

Her strategies (as suggested) are very simple, there is nothing fancy, however, that does not devalue the education, it is just her preferred way and with the cash flow she makes from her mining town investments, there is little need for her to do anything fancy. (KISS can work excpetionally well - things don't have to be complicated to work).

The course material was good. Her staff were very helpful and they really go out of their way to support their mentoring students.

There is enough foundational education that a new investor would still benefit.

Like others have said, everything anyone could ever need is on this forum, however, if someone is feeling lost or not taking action because of fear or lack of information, then I think investing in an education has a lot of benefits.
(opportunities to meet like minded people, potential JV partners, sharing of resources at reduced prices, access to resources or information you didn't know existed)

I do not have any affiliation with the company aside from going to learn about mining towns (Just in case anyone is wondering :) :) :)

To end - I think they are one of the good guys, if you were considering anyone I would leave these guys on your list.

Regards Lisa

So does Helen just focus on positive cashflow properties in mining towns?

What about positive cashflow properties in other areas such as metro/suburban areas and other regional towns and some coastal towns? From what I've found there are also positive cashflow properties there too.

From what I read some time back they purchased in Moranbah QLD , at a time when it was dirt cheap.

I too wander what they are recommending for cashflow, perhaps Blackwater in QLD, 2 years ago you could purchase a shack at $295K, those shacks are now $495K.

Call me paranoid but I look at these mining towns, I am from Perth and Karratha at $1M entry or Blackwater at $500K entry is pretty damn risky.

.MTR

Back