Surburb's question in the Toowoomba area

Hi again

I am starting to find out more about Toowoomba and would like to know if the below suburbs would be a good choice for an IP considering the market seems to be taking off there

Westbrook
Hodgson vale

Highfields

Thanks for providing many posts which included some great info on the suburbs closer to the city . Many of the properties in the

Middle ridge
Rangeville
Kearny Springs areas go under contact very quickly as I'm chasing a house with recent renovations to provide cash flow or a house under 10 years old.

I wanted to know if I looked further out from the city would that still be a sound choice.

Could you pls tell me good suburbs that are not red hot at the moment further out of the city without too many land releases.

cheers Jo:)

westbrook is a bit far out of town (plus anzac ave can be a nightmare for travel)
hodgson vale is nice but pricey and out of town
highfields is nice but also a bit far out of town

lots of new builds in these 3 areas mostly people building there dream PPOR, great places to live.

I would stick closer to the CBD for an investment,
east side of ruthvern street.

centenary heights
middle ridge
rangeville
mt lofty
toowoomba east
kearney springs, (east side)

not to say there isn't good areas on the other side of town but I would take it on a street by street basis, make sure you can walk down the road at 11pm on a friday night,

james

Westbrook, Highfields, and Hodgson Vale while great places to live would not be my first pick for investment. As Jameso says they are out of town and the scarcity factor is nil there is acres and acres of farmland around all 3 of these areas that can be developed. Highfields has almost merged with Meringandan to the North West due to this development with a lot of lots less than 600sq metres and a long way out of town to boot.

Just throwing some suggestions out there, have a look around Phyllis/Devine St's for a developable block. If you have a look on Google Earth you can see the ones already done (check around 7 Phyllis St). This is an older cheaper suburb so you will be getting an older weatherboard place on a large block.

For a more upmarket play check for an older place in the North end of Mary St in Mt Lofty (there is one going to auction soon will be interesting to see the outcome). Again a few of these have already been done some by creating a battleaxe block at the back of the original house (check google earth for around 15 Mary St).

You dont have to do anything with these and the yield would be OK with the potential for future improvement. As always do your own homework just a few other ideas to consider.

Mount Lofty
Toowoomba East
Centenary Heights
North Toowoomba

These are the classier suburbs that will get a classier type of tenant ie one that is more likely to look after your investment.

Back