Whats with RIO?

Will 2015 see an aussie stock hit $100 per share :confused:

As per the thread RIO did briefly and went above again in 2008, CSL has also been there before, as has Poseidon and Incitec Pivot (Any others)

FWIW I thought McBank would get up to the $100 per share mark pre-GFC, but that's a different story ($98.00) :D

Nowadays talk is of CSL Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, or Cochlear Limited breaching that marker in 2015.

Sirtex SRX would be an outside chance. Currently only $35 per share but if results of the companies SIRFLOX trial are spectacularly good, $100 would be possible. If they are bad it could be a retreat back to $15 to $20 or so. The company is just about to enter the ASX 100 as well which would be good.

See ya's.

Disclosure. I've got $500,000 worth of these suckers at average price of $6 so don't listen to me as I'm just dreaming. [of making a million].

Disclaimer. Anyone dumb enough to take free advice about shares from a farmer on a property forum deserves to lose all their money.

CBA is slowly inching to the ton.

Im long at 10:1 from $88 with a very itchy trigger finger.

I'll be giggling when rates go where they're not expected to - will be like a waterslide.

Will 2015 see an aussie stock hit $100 per share :confused:

As per the thread RIO did briefly and went above again in 2008, CSL has also been there before, as has Poseidon and Incitec Pivot (Any others)

FWIW I thought McBank would get up to the $100 per share mark pre-GFC, but that's a different story ($98.00) :D

Nowadays talk is of CSL Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, or Cochlear Limited breaching that marker in 2015.

https://www.williamhill.com.au/financials/10840044/d/which-share-on-the-asx-will-hit-100-first-in-2015

Suprised you can bet on this stuff, but there you go.

IMHO..
I bought CBA at about $10.45 IN 1996, and have reinvested all the div's
from day one,

But hey i'm only a dumb plumber,who can't even spell more that 5 words
at a time,enjoy the ride because the big bull run has not even started yet..
If i can do it just draw a line in the sand and do it yourself:rolleyes: ..
good luck willair..

Willair, that's what I did too with CBA and have been in the DRP.

Hey, don't put yourself down. Plumbers make a lot of money and they are smart!

Sorry, but what does 'big bull run' mean? Is it going to be a bullish market?

just have to understand what affects what.

thank god for trailing stops huh? walked outta CBA on the 3rd at $93 (well, $92.96) for about a 45% return after costs and ++ etc.

made my revised call after posting here - thought a double top might be in and was stopped out with the hour.

it simply proves how little RBA movements affect ANYTHING in this country and how major overseas markets severely impact us here.

Convoy of 30+ c797 tippers,
real big ones, you can stand inside the wheel rims,
in sections on low loaders
heading from Adelaide to Cape York stopped for fuel
the trucks are $5,000,000+ each
someone is going big on the cape

I dunno what the papers mean about mining slowing down, nobody seems to have told any of the actual mines out in tmon, all ramping up production

Sirtex SRX would be an outside chance. Currently only $35 per share but if results of the companies SIRFLOX trial are spectacularly good, $100 would be possible. If they are bad it could be a retreat back to $15 to $20 or so. The company is just about to enter the ASX 100 as well which would be good.

See ya's.

Disclosure. I've got $500,000 worth of these suckers at average price of $6 so don't listen to me as I'm just dreaming. [of making a million].

Disclaimer. Anyone dumb enough to take free advice about shares from a farmer on a property forum deserves to lose all their money.

Well, the SIRFLOX trial results are out and they disappointed. Instead of SRX going up it's crashed back initially to $15 but now at $18. Ouch!

Where it goes now, no idea. I'll just hang on.

The SRX share price topped out at $39 on Friday, at which point I had $550,000 worth. Needless to say, at $18 now, $300,000 of potential profit just evaporated from my trading account!

Anyway, that's the stock market for ya.

See ya's.

Nothing wrong with either BHP or RIO.

Both are best of breed companies, they have the best assets in the ground.

But both of these are long term cyclical companies.

Unlike others, where they go kaput, both BHP and RIO will be there tomorrow.

Just don't go treating them like slow growth secular companies.

Understand this and you will understand the times to invest in both of them.

They are sure money spinners for those with long enough memories, and with the ability to invest.

Back