townhouses close to cbd or outer suburb houses

Not sure where to put this so just thought I would just jump in.

I am looking for a positive cash flow property with some potential for growth and trying to decide if it would be better to buy a newish (not OTP) townhouse close to Brisbane CBD or an actual house in the Logan area. I am looking really for positive cash flow for this purchase in my strategy rather than growth (which would be a bonus).

My thoughts are that a newer town house would be in demand with less maintenance than an older place in logan. I would also get the benefits of greater depreciation and less land tax.

The positives for logan is that in the last six months I have already seen price growth

Any thoughts ?

Not sure where to put this so just thought I would just jump in.

I am looking for a positive cash flow property with some potential for growth and trying to decide if it would be better to buy a newish (not OTP) townhouse close to Brisbane CBD or an actual house in the Logan area. I am looking really for positive cash flow for this purchase in my strategy rather than growth (which would be a bonus).

My thoughts are that a newer town house would be in demand with less maintenance than an older place in logan. I would also get the benefits of greater depreciation and less land tax.

The positives for logan is that in the last six months I have already seen price growth

Any thoughts ?

You would have seen price.growth for non otp townhouses as well.

I'd say townhouses = 60:40 growth to yield and logan 40:60 growth to yield.

I'd say townhouses = 60:40 growth to yield and logan 40:60 growth to yield.[/QUOTE]

? sorry not sure of this split references

I'd say townhouses = 60:40 growth to yield and logan 40:60 growth to yield.

? sorry not sure of this split references[/QUOTE]

Logan has more bang for your buck as a yield play, whereas the inner- mid townhouse has more bang for your buck as a cg play. Since you are luking for positive CF, the answer is logan.

Logan for houses depends on the lot sizes. Do your research on this. Could be opportunity for future granny flat addition to larger lots (but this in itself carries its own pros and con's!)

Re: TH closer in... Define 'closer in'. What suburb(s) specifically?

Any thoughts ?

Ask yourself where are you going? By this I mean, what is it exactly you are ultimately wanting to achieve from property investment.

Ask yourself what monetary value per annum do I need to achieve it? You have to be specific and commit it to paper. You can not just be approximate. Your subconscious mind will simply reject it as airy fairy otherwise and you be behind the eight ball before you start without even knowing it.

Ask yourself what date you need to attain it by? Again you have to be specific. The date is your call to action.

Your strategy is your road map to where you are going and property is the vehicle you are driving to get you there.

If you dont have specific answers for the above and know where you are going then ALL Property & ALL locations will appear the same. Thus the frustration & confusion.

Success is 80% Mindset x 20% Strategy. In other words how you think is four times more important than how you do it.

It is your mindset that keeps you persistently moving along on your road map to your ultimate destination .

I hope this helps.

Ask yourself where are you going? By this I mean, what is it exactly you are ultimately wanting to achieve from property investment.

Ask yourself what monetary value per annum do I need to achieve it? You have to be specific and commit it to paper. You can not just be approximate. Your subconscious mind will simply reject it as airy fairy otherwise and you be behind the eight ball before you start without even knowing it.

Ask yourself what date you need to attain it by? Again you have to be specific. The date is your call to action.

Your strategy is your road map to where you are going and property is the vehicle you are driving to get you there.

If you dont have specific answers for the above and know where you are going then ALL Property & ALL locations will appear the same. Thus the frustration & confusion.

Success is 80% Mindset x 20% Strategy. In other words how you think is four times more important than how you do it.

It is your mindset that keeps you persistently moving along on your road map to your ultimate destination .

I hope this helps.
Just downloaded some of your stuff Rixter. Looking forward to going through it

Just downloaded some of your stuff Rixter. Looking forward to going through it

Ej89, I hope you gain benefit from them - they have certainly been good servants of mine over the past 15 years and have all played their roles in allowing me to exit the rat race early, last year. Feel free to skype if you have any tool questions or want to bounce ideas.

Ej89, I hope you gain benefit from them - they have certainly been good servants of mine over the past 15 years and have all played their roles in allowing me to exit the rat race early, last year. Feel free to skype if you have any tool questions or want to bounce ideas.

I actually do like the rat race.

Back