Sydney CBD Hotel Recommendations - 4 Nights

Lads, hoping to get some advice. I'm going to Sydney for 4 nights with my partner mid April and have not booked a hotel yet. Ideally we want to stay central in the CBD - Closer to the main Pitt St shopping area, and then equal walk to Opera House, Oxford St, Darling. Budget for 4 nights is up to $1500 but would rather spend less - However may spend more if it is really worth it. Balcony and free breakfast would be very nice also. To book i will use the discount booking sites as there are some 15-20% off specials atm (although range is little) ratestogo.com for example.

I was considering Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel which has a balcony and free breckie for $1518. But then I am torn cos I can stay at the Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney ? Jamison Club Exec Suite on special at for $1,478.71 USD (about $1600AUS) which is almost twice the size of the Radisson although more outdated (http://www.oyster.com/sydney/hotels/amora-hotel-jamison-sydney/photos/executive-suite/). But this is less central and not sure how much that would annoy us (albeit small).

Does anyone else have any recommendations? Ideally I would have loved the Swissotel but they are booked out and I'm familiar with their rooms.

We stayed at the Shangri La near Sydney Harbour recently. The room was very nice and overlooked the harbour bridge and Opera House. We woke to see the Queen Mary cruise ship docked in the harbour which was nice. We paid about $300/night but we booked at short notice and I saw that there were dates available for less than that.

We stayed at the Shangri La near Sydney Harbour recently. The room was very nice and overlooked the harbour bridge and Opera House. We woke to see the Queen Mary cruise ship docked in the harbour which was nice. We paid about $300/night but we booked at short notice and I saw that there were dates available for less than that.

Thanks. Actually had a couple people mention Shangri but they are all booked out also.

:(

The Westin Hotel is pretty nice. Located 1 Martin Place and is really close to Pitt St Mall. Make sure you get a room with a view of the clock tower.

Just booked a 4 star hotel breakfast included for 6 nights for $600aud taxes inc in dubai top hotel, it sucks the prices we pay in aus for hotels.

Meriton Servied Apartments Kent Street Darling Harbour. I stayed here just the weekend gone and I would definitely stay here again. Spacious and clean.

I ended up just booking at The Grace because of the ideal location and also found an epic online deal - Premium Corner King for only $900. Figured saving the $500-$600 for a better hotel would be better as spending money. Now to work out where to stay in Melbourne for the next 4 nights. Ha Ha

Back