Sunnbank Hills

Hi all,

I'm from Sydney and currently looking to research my next investment property... I'm looking at Sunnybank Hills. What are peoples thoughts on that area? My goal is to buy and build a granny flat to ensure positive cash flow... Is this a good area or has it hit it's peak?

What about floods... My wife and I are concerned about flooding in Brisbane. Is this a risky area?

You cannot rent a granny flat separately, so that won't help your cash flow.

I don't know the area well so won't comment.

Hi all,

I'm from Sydney and currently looking to research my next investment property... I'm looking at Sunnybank Hills. What are peoples thoughts on that area? My goal is to buy and build a granny flat to ensure positive cash flow... Is this a good area or has it hit it's peak?

What about floods... My wife and I are concerned about flooding in Brisbane. Is this a risky area?
Most of Sunnybank is on high ground,would pay to check on the maps depending on the location,and some of the wealthiest Chinese-Australian business people live in the area up the kessels rd end,massive price difference from kessels rd all the way down too Runcorn railway station in the former "HC" Areas,it is a good safe stable area everything within walking distance,not sure of the peak question the jury is still out on that question..imho..

http://www.littlesingapore.com.au/little-singapore-sunnybank

agreed with willair here. I would put in my 2 cents since this is the area I live in/ invest in.

As said before, sunnybank hills is now dominated by cashed up Asians. Prices in sunnybank hills varies from 1m+ at the Avenue (+ surrounding streets) to high 300k on the West side of Jackson rd. I would avoid buying anywhere West of Jackson Rd. Also there's a high voltage power line running through Sunnybank Hills, be careful with that ( should be able to see it on google map)

Aside from that, Sunnybank hills has shown good growth in the past 5 years 5.5% annually according to REA.com.au. and this is due to increase of cashed up asians and there seem to be no sign of slowing down.

The market is heating up in Sunnybank Hills, low 400's are gone pretty much immediately. And price is rising.

Thanks heaps for the replies guys... didn't know about the granny flat...

and good info about the power lines... I like the area due to the asian demand...

I'll keep researching thanks guys

I have a property near Jackson Road (probably West) - great little earner, large block, post war lowset, never vacant. I do intend to knock it down one day and build a two story like next door. I nearly bought at Rocklea... The area hadn't flooded for 70 years but I decided it was still a small risk! So I went further away from city, and bought at Sunnybank Hills. There is a flood map somewhere which you can consult.

Back