Retain and build development blocks

Here's a potential - but only 688sqm - can u do duplex on that?

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-embleton-115820811

You can do a duplex on 240sqm if the zoning is R80. You need to ascertain what the zoning is for the blocks you are looking at then work out what the minimum and average block sizes for that zoning.

You need to read http://planning.wa.gov.au/dop_pub_pdf/State_Planning_Policy_3_1-Residential_Design_Codes_Print.pdf

Especially page p58 which has all the sizes on it.

Thanks Westminster, so far have not been able to find anything but R20/25 blocks.

So I went by the Ashfield blocks - front house is a single storey 3 x 1, it would originally have been built on a 1/4 acre block running down to the river, block already subdivided and battle-axed, so access to the 5 bedroom two level house on the river (ie backyard of the 3 x 1) is down an access on the left hand side. To subdivide again, you'd have to have access to the existing access - I don't know how that would but it's all too difficult for me.

Saw the one at Dianella - got super excited and was ready to ring the agent and make an offer of asking price on the spot - $485,000K ... nope, made a mistake, it's $600K, I wrote the price down wrong :(

Third property is a potential winner, the actual $485K one, and will be looking through it when I can get hold of the agent.

Technically the limit for an R20 duplex block is 900 sqm. However, WAPC will consider varying the average lot size by up to 5% under certain circumstances. Development Control Policy 2.2 is your starting point for this.

Realistically, you would be looking for a minimum of 855 sqm for an R20 duplex block.

Yeah, I just realised this :(

The little dump on 808sqm won't do. Still, it's in a great location and I could afford to sink $80-100K into a reno, possibly more and stick on a second level, and flip it ... or rent and hold and hope they change the zoning.

Have to do the sums.

Back