Moving to Brisbane from Perth - best suburbs?

Consider Carindale: near a bus station, parklands, nice houses in your price range , AND it is close to Mansfield State High! It is outside the catchment area; however, Mansfield SHS attracts a high percentage of the best students from that area.
The students from that school are impeccably dressed, behave in class, are polite and motivated.

RK
I was working in an office in Mansfield last year and would sometimes drive past in the mornings. The students certainly were impeccably dressed and looked of high calibre outside of school also.

What about the Wavell Heights area on the Northside . Lots of good schools both primary and high and public and private. Close to the city. Easy access to the freeways to the north or south coast. Close to several train stations. A few large shopping centres in the area also. Lots of lovely parks.

Another group of suburbs I'd recommend is Chelmer/Graceville/Sherwood. Very nice leafy suburbs by the river although not overly prone to flooding. On the train line not far from the city and private schools around Indooroopilly/St Lucia.

They're my new favourite suburbs in Brisbane - I live in nearby Tennyson and have a run loop going through Chelmer/Graceville. They have all the shops and restaurants you need but don't have the busy feel of other hubs.

There is also an AFL club - Sherwood Football club located in Chelmer. I remember your son is a Lions fan ;)

There is also an AFL club - Sherwood Football club located in Chelmer. I remember your son is a Lions fan ;)

Coorparoo it is then. Brisbane State High's new junior campus shares ovals with the Brisbane Lions. He can watch them train on his lunch break.

And some REALLY nice people live in Coorparoo :p.

Perhaps it comes down to choosing a school. You mentioned Catholic schools, so perhaps check which of the suburbs with good Catholic schools are within your price range.

Villanova at Coorparoo is well regarded, but there are plenty of good Catholic schools all over Brisbane. Is "walking distance" important?

On the northside you could pick up a nice house in the Boondall/Taigum area which is close to St Flannan's primary and St Joseph's Nudgee college (big in rugby union and swimming, not so much AFL).

Back